Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2048 Discussions

What's the difference between Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset... and Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 chipset...?

WD
Beginner

I recently install upgrade the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller drive from Intel(R) 8 Series 2 port Serial ATA Storage Controller & Intel(R) 8 Series 4 port Serial ATA Storage Controller drive to Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller drive so that I can be able to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology. But my Universal Serial Bus Controller says that I'm useing Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 series USB EHCI.

My question is why it works well with Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset drive even I'm not using Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset drive?

What's the difference between Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller drive and Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller drive?

And why there are two IDE ATA/ATAPI controller drives before I upgrade it?

By the way, I'm using HM87 chipset.

For who ever answer these questions:

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi WiD, there is basically no difference between those drivers. Perhaps a very easy way to solve your issue will be to download the drivers from the system manufacturer's website.

Please provide the system/motherboard model, operating system and the name of the driver needed if further assistance is required.

0 Kudos