Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Should I install both Video card (Radeon) drivers and Intel Graphic drivers ?

Sman1
Beginner

Sir,

I'm using Intel (R) Core motherboard. After a clean install(Format) windows7, My graphic card ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Is inserted and Drivers installed. my Intel Graphic drivers (GFX_Vista_Win7_32_8.15.10.2622) are not installing. Is it necessary to install intel graphics ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AlHill
Super User

What Intel motherboard are you using? What is the processor model number?

Generally speaking, if the ATI video card, when inserted, disables the onboard Intel graphics, then no, you do not have to install any Intel graphics.

Doc

Sman1
Beginner

Thanks Al Hill,

I am using mother board " Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz 2GBRAM" windows7 32bit.

When I try to install inter graphics (GFX_Vista_Win7_32_8.15.10.2622) Its giving error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements "

When I try to connect my VGA CABLE to motherboard's VGA Port (Video card is still inserted) I can see only black screen with power button flashing, but system is functioning good. Cant I by pass Video card ?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Actually, that is not the motherboard. That is the processor information, and operating system.

https://ark.intel.com/products/46473/Intel-Core-i3-540-Processor-4M-Cache-3_06-GHz Intel® Core™ i3-540 Processor (4M Cache, 3.06 GHz) Product Specifications

Your motherboard is part of your system. If you did not build your own system, then provide your system model number and manufacturer.

If you did build your own system, then provide the motherboard model number and manufacturer.

None of this may be important. Since you are using an old processor, the way things usually worked is that inserting an add-on graphics card would disable the onboard graphics.

This would make the onboard graphics unusable, and the expected behaviour you are seeing.

To use the onboard graphics, which at this point would not provide much compared with what you would get from your ATI graphics, remove the ATI card, then plug your monitor to the onboard vga connector, and boot your machine. Once you have satisfied your need to install the latest graphics, again which would not do much for your, you can then re-insert your ATI card, reconnect your monitor to the ATI card, and reboot.

As I said, using the onboard graphics is not going to provide you anything you would need. May I ask why you are attempting this? If your ATI graphics are working, stay with that.

Now, just a heads-up - your processor (and hardware) are quite old (eight years old). You may want to start thinking about getting a new/newer system.

Doc

0 Kudos
Sman1
Beginner

Thanks a lot for your replay "Al Hill " I was just worried that my motherboard may be damaged when I saw black screen while connecting to Motherboard VGA port. If its ok without any Intel Graphic Drivers while Radeon graphic Drivers are Installed, then I think everything is fine. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

What you are seeing is what I would expect. You should be fine.

Doc

0 Kudos
Sman1
Beginner

I'm using Intel (R) Core motherboard. After a clean install(Format) windows7, My graphic card ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Is inserted and Drivers installed. my Intel Graphic drivers (GFX_Vista_Win7_32_8.15.10.2622) are not installing. Is it necessary to install intel graphics ?

I am using mother board " Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 540 @ 3.07GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz 2GBRAM" windows7 32bit.

When I try to install inter graphics (GFX_Vista_Win7_32_8.15.10.2622) Its giving error "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements "

When I try to connect my VGA CABLE to motherboard's VGA Port (Video card is still inserted) I can see only black screen with power button flashing, but system is functioning good. Cant I by pass Video card ?

0 Kudos