cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC P4500 Wrong IOPS Numbers?

ATakc
New Contributor

Hello,

We have purchased 42 Intel DC P4500 4TB NVME drives from a vendor ( Sn : SSDPE2KX040T7) . Before making the purchase we have calculated our Read/Write IOPS requirements and have checked your website about the specs of this drive. I am pretty sure that write IOPS for this drive was 62000 IOPS which is enough for our needs and we have made the purchase last week ( havent received the drives yet) . Yesterday I have checked the specs page again and see that write IOPS has been changed and lowered to 48000 IOPS!! May I ask what is going on here? 62k iops is enough for my workload but 48k iops is not.

You have given wrong numbers on this drives specs and i am having big trouble in here.

Please guide me how to proceed with this purchase. Can i return these drives and change into more write intensive drive like P4510 ??

The web page we have checked was :

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/memory-storage/solid-state-drives/data-center-ssds/... Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series (4.0TB, 2.5in PCIe 3.1 x4, 3D1, TLC)

And here is the August version of that web site:

And here is the old anandtech article shows the write iops of the drive to 62000 iops.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11318/intel-announces-new-dc-p4500-and-p4600-datacenter-ssds Intel Announces New DC P4500 And P4600 Datacenter SSDs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi ahmethasan,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your concern regarding the Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series information. We would like to recommend you to always check this information on our official websites such as ark.intel.com. As per our internal datasheet, the SSD has the following random write performance: -Random 4KB QD1 Write (up to): 48000 IOPS -Random 4KB QD256 Write (up to): 62500 IOPSIf these numbers do not meet your requirements we recommend you to contact your place of purchase for returns or exchanges during the initial 30 days. Regards, Junior M.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi ahmethasan,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your concern regarding the Intel® SSD DC P4500 Series information. We would like to recommend you to always check this information on our official websites such as ark.intel.com. As per our internal datasheet, the SSD has the following random write performance: -Random 4KB QD1 Write (up to): 48000 IOPS -Random 4KB QD256 Write (up to): 62500 IOPSIf these numbers do not meet your requirements we recommend you to contact your place of purchase for returns or exchanges during the initial 30 days. Regards, Junior M.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi ahmethasan,

We would like to know if you read our previous post. If you have any other questions, we'll be waiting for your response.Regards, Junior M.