Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Connection issues

RPezz
Beginner

Yesterday, suddenly, my wifi was de-activated. I tried in the Windows 10 settings, wifi settings, card, I didn't know what happened. So, in the control panel i searched "connections" and then modifying the card settings. I noticed that the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 was disabled. I tried activating it, but nothing.

So, in the device management, unistalling the card, the drivers, rebooting, reinstalling the newest drivers.

Nothing.

here it is the events log with the error.

16/02/2018 17:31:48Problema di avvio del dispositivo PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3165&SUBSYS_40108086&REV_81\4&b438a26&0&00E4.Nome driver: oem186.infGUID classe: {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}Servizio: Netwtw04Filtri inferiori: Filtri superiori: vwifibusProblema: 0x15Stato problema: 0x0Thanks in advance,

Rolando

6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Rolando,

We understand that the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 on your Windows® 10 computer has become disabled.

Since you've already tried a clean installation of the drivers, and it has not helped, it's possible that you may be facing a hardware failure.

Please try using the Network Reset tool:

1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Network reset.

2. On the Network reset screen, select Reset now > Yes to confirm.

Wait for your PC to restart and see if that fixes the problem. If not please share the following information in order to investigate:

1. Intel® System Support Utility report

1. Download the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293 Intel® SSU.

2. While connected to your WiFi network, run the scan for "everything."

3. Save and name the report.

2. Wireless Autoconfig report

1. Right click your start menu icon and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

2. Enter: netsh wlan show wlanreport

3. Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport\

4. Upload the wlan-report-latest.html file along with your reply.

3. Is this the original adapter, or an upgrade part?

You may also want to engage your computer manufacturer for hardware support.

Best regards

Carlos A.
idata
Employee

Hello rolandopezzati,

We have not heard back from you. Has your issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
MBuch3
Beginner

Roland

I have the same issue - windows 10 64 bit with intel 3165 driver 19.51.7.2

but in my cased from when the computer was new 2 years the adaptor has always been a problem

my adaptor stops working - then I find if I disable it, and sometimes switch wifi off in the windows settings, then select enable 2 or 3 times -the adaptor will start working again

there is no routine I can use every time, but eventually it will always start working. If I do something important I use a cable connection !!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello buchanma,

This type of behavior generally point toward a power issue, or defective hardware. If this happens while your system is still under warranty, we highly recommend engaging your computer manufacturer for hardware support.

From our end we can recommend a clean driver installation:

1. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005559/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Download the latest WiFi and Bluetooth® driver packages for your adapter.

2. Under Programs and Features in the Control Panel, or Apps & Features in Windows* Settings, uninstall any instance of the "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software." When prompted, choose to "discard settings."

3. Go to the Device Manager > Network Adapters > Right click on your Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 and uninstall it. Make sure to mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device."

4. Clear out your temporary files: Press the Windows* Key + R to open the run box. Type Cleanmgr.exe and press OK. Here you will need to make sure Temporary Files are checked, you may uncheck everything else, then press OK.

5. Reboot your computer.

6. Install the packages downloaded back in step one. First your Bluetooth®, then your Wireless drivers.

If you're comfortable taking your laptop apart, and this does not void your warranty, we can also suggest re-seating the wireless adapter. For this, you'll need to take the following steps:

1. Turn your computer off.

2. Unless it's internal, remove the battery and unplug the power.

3. Remove the bottom cover of your laptop, and locate the wireless adapter.

4. Carefully unplug the antennas and make sure you take note of which connector goes where.

5. Unscrew the wireless adapter, remove it from it's connector.

6. Inspect the connection and port to ensure both are free of debris.

7. Reconnect the adapter, securely screw it back in. Reconnect the wireless antenna connectors, and re-assemble your laptop.

8. Test your wireless adapter.

Note: we cannot provide exact instructions as these steps may vary from one computer to the next. For more details, you may confer with your computer manufacturer. Always be mindful of warranty policies applicable, as well as static discharge. Not all computers are meant to be serviced by end-users. Please proceed at your own risk.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
MBuch3
Beginner

Carlos - thanks, very helpful _ I will try these - and advise ..will take afew days though

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello buchanma,

We're always glad to help. Let us know if your issue is resolved.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos