Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4864 Discussions

INTEL® GIGABIT-CT-DESKTOP-ADAPTER (expi9301ctblk)

AAlba3
Beginner

Hello,

I have a network adapter "EXPI9301CTBLK", which I wanted to flash now.

I have entered the following commands "BootUtil -SAVEIMAGE -FILE = Backup.FLB" and "BootUtil -FE -ALL". Then I wanted to flash the new firmware with "BootUtil -UP = EFI -ALL-FILE = BOOTIMG.FLB".

Unfortunately, something went wrong.

First came a message that the Nic can not be initialized.

And now the adapter is no longer recognized, so I can not flash back.

Is the adapter still somehow save?

Please excuse my bad English, I write with translator.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
AAlba3
Beginner

Now the Nic is recognized again, but with the Mac address ff: ff: ff: ff: ff: ff and "Firmware not present".

When trying to flash, comes "Can not initialize adapter".

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Aalbani,

Thank you for posting in Wired Communities. No worries, I can understand what you described here. But with the error message and the mac address shown, I am sorry to inform you that the CT desktop adapter is faulty. You may contact the Intel Customer Support in your country for the replacement, here is the website you can refer to for the warranty replacement:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000007555/network-and-i-o.html?_ga=2.61250988.1034811842.1519015101-122289313.1519015101

You may click on the upper right hand globe icon to change your preferred language for easier reference. Hope the information help.

Regards,

Sharon T
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

HI Aalbani,

Please feel free to update us if further assistance needed. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Sharon T
0 Kudos