Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Installing Intel Graphics 2500 Driver on my i5-3550

Anonymous
Beginner

I get an error saying my computer doesn't meet the system requirements when trying to download the graphics driver for my CPU. I got the download from this website when searching my specific CPU and downloaded the Win10 64-bit version since that's the OS that I am currently running. What could be the issue? I also tried downloading the previous version and got the same error. I have the most recent Windows 10 update, so that's not the issue (since the OS requirements state Windows 10 Fall Creators Update). I should have the Intel HD Graphics 2500, as stated here:https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005568/processors.html Intel® HD Graphics Supported with Intel® Core™ i5 Desktop Processors under the 3rd Gen i5 processors. But also, when I downloaded and used the Processor Identification Utility, next to "System Graphics" it says "Add-in Graphics". Shouldn't it say Intel HD 2500? Does this mean my processor doesn't have that? Isn't the graphics built into the CPU?

Here's the link to my processor and the first download on the list is the graphic driver that I wanted to install...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/65516/Intel-Core-i5-3550-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3-70-GHz- Downloads for Intel® Core™ i5-3550 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.70 GHz)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If it is saying "Add-in Graphics", rather than "Intel HD Graphics 2500", this means that you have a (ATI/AMD, NVIDIA, etc.) graphics card installed in your system. In this case, unless you specifically indicated otherwise (in your BIOS configuration), the processor's internal graphics engine will be disabled.

Hope this helps,

...S

View solution in original post

2 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

If it is saying "Add-in Graphics", rather than "Intel HD Graphics 2500", this means that you have a (ATI/AMD, NVIDIA, etc.) graphics card installed in your system. In this case, unless you specifically indicated otherwise (in your BIOS configuration), the processor's internal graphics engine will be disabled.

Hope this helps,

...S

Anonymous
Beginner

Ohhh, that makes sense. Thanks so much, I'll check that.

0 Kudos