Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7424 Discussions

Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 - Disconnections

MWill23
Beginner

Hello Community,

I have been reviewing the WiFi Drop Outs against the latest driver for Intel AC 8260, whilst I have tested all the support recommendation and hardware devices settings which I can list but be about 5 pages of details. I have even removed from test host AV product and VPN tools to ensure flat Windows OS.

1. Removed AV
  2. Removed VPN
  3. Disable Bluetooth
  4. 20 vs 40 no effect.
  5. Power Saving Disabled. ( reflect in logs goign to hibernate mode )
  6. Lock Channels
  7. Confirm HT Mode
  8. Vendor IBm Latest Driver
  9. Intel Latest Driver
  10. Intel WiFi Manager over Windows and vice versa.
  11. etc much more.

After about a month and next step will be to replace the Intel WiFi card to Broadcom which have no impact and no issue, I thought I would try 1 last attempt.

I have attached the Intel PROSet/Wireless Logging Results and seeking peer review as I have little understanding of results, however what stands out to be is at 10:17:04 and 10:22:12. I am hoping to get a better understanding of the log review and assistance in troubleshooting results.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Battlesloth,

Thanks for posting in our community.

From the reports shared, we can see you're connected to a 802.11g network. The 802.11g standard was released back in 2002, its maximum connection rate is 54 Mbps.

Taking in consideration security, network-overhead and environmental factors, the throughput (or maximum real world speed) of 802.11g is around 22-30 Mbps. At this speed, any interference may cause a disconnection.

Please test connecting to a network that uses a newer wireless protocol such as 802.11n or 802.11ac and let us know if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Battlesloth,

We haven't heard from you since the creation of this thread.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos