Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4784 Discussions

Intel SRT SSD Cacheing on C621 Raid 10 @Supermicro X11SPL-F

DHöff
Beginner

Hello,

i have a question...

Is it possible to enable SSD Cache Intel SRT on an Onboard Raid 10 (4x3TB WD Purple) on Supermicro X11SPL-F?

My Onboard Raid 10 is soo poor... ~40MBs r/w on an Server 2016 / Exchange 2016 with DHCP and DNS Server...

Specs are Xeon Silver 4108

6x4GB DDR4 2133 ECC Hex Channel

4x3TB Western Digital Purple

Onboard Raid 10 - tried Raid 5 but... hell no...

Performance was poor since fresh install, but now with everything installed... 30sec to open anything... Exchange laggs (e.g network scanner has sometimes problems to scan to mail)

So ive thought, hey...

i have an 120GB sata SSD here, part them into 2 parts

64GB for Cache, 32gb for pagefile - but...

i dont have any real options @Intel RSTe???? i mean ENTERPRISE? and missing features?

Should be Intel RSTe 5.3.0.1412

Does anyone has a hint maybe?

PS: i dont wanna rebuild the server

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello haudegen1993,

Thank you for contacting the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology for enterprise support

As we understand you are running a raid 10 using 4x3TB Western Digital Purple for an Exchange 2016 with DHCP and DNS Server but the performance that you are getting is poor.

In regards to your question about having a 120GB sata SSD for Cache, we have check the Intel® SRT software and you should be able to use the software normally.

You can check how to enable Intel SRT by clicking https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005501/boards-and-kits.html here

Best Regards

Luis H
0 Kudos
DHöff
Beginner

this link doesnt really help me.

As i said its an c620/621 chipset, so i have RSTe not normal RST.

And im not blind if there would be an "accelerate" tab, i wouldnt ask... :/

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello haudegen1993,

We are sorry to hear that you are unable to see the accelerate tab, as you said the option is only available install the end user Intel® RST. However I have another recommendation since you want to accelerate the transfer speed of your raid 10.

You can take advantage of an Intel software called Intel® Cache Acceleration Software, the software will allow you manually cache the most used files on your raid into the SSD.

You can check more information of the software https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/intel-cache-acceleration-software-performance.html here

Best regards

Luis H
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello haudegen1993,

We are following on your post since we sent you some information a few days ago; however. We haven't received a reply yet.

Please let us know if you require further assistance

'Best regards

Luis H
0 Kudos