Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Black hole and noisy in point cloud image - Intel RealSense D435 camera

NMan
Beginner

Hi all,

I have a new D435 camera and i want to use point cloud data of this camera, but when I run the example code the image of point cloud is very noise and have many black holes.

What's wrong with my D435 camera? Anyone can help me in this problem? Any filter codes available in this situation? (I use camera in indoor environment with fluorescent light)

The image of point cloud is attached below.

Many thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Using depth cameras under fluorescent light can cause more problems than with bulb lighting due to the flicker of these lights that is hard to see with the human eye. Another user with such lighting had noise problems.

Also, looking at your video, the strength of the lighting (indicated by the apparent shadows behind the objects on the trolley and what seem to be spots where light may be reflecting off shiny surfaces, such as on the bottle and the trolley surface) could be an issue.

In regard to filter settings for the D435, please see the Visual Presets documentation.

https://github.com/IntelRealSense/librealsense/wiki/D400-Series-Visual-Presets D400 Series Visual Presets · IntelRealSense/librealsense Wiki · GitHub

0 Kudos