Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14403 Discussions

Jumps in temperature of 7700k, I do not need this shit, give me back my money or solve this problem.

AYurn
Beginner

Jumps in temperature of 7700k, I do not need this shit, give me back my money or solve this problem.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Preface: I do not work for Intel. I'm just an enthusiast and PC technician that has purchased, de-lidded, and overclocked every top model i7 (except the 6700k) since the first chip for which this procedure was available, the 3770k. I currently run a 7700k @ 5.2GHz under a custom water cooling loop. I observe the same behavior the OP and many others are now complaining about, thanks to all the recent coverage in the tech press.

One thing people need to understand here is that transient spikes in temperature which occur only when the processor state goes from idle to "full on" are:

1) not dangerous

2) an expected behavior of modern processors due to their design

What I mean by this is that this observed behavior is a function of Intel's Turbo technology - the ability to quickly change the clock speed (and voltage) of an individual core or multiple cores in order to *respond to a task*.

Now, this ends up creating an issue for users that do not run custom fan profiles in their motherboard's UEFI or via fan controller. Personally, I use a fan controller to set my fan speeds and don't have the fans ramping up/down issue as a result. If your motherboard doesn't provide the granularity you need to create a custom fan profile which prevents your fans from randomly spinning up and down, I would suggest the use of a fan controller such as the NZXT Grid. These are cheap and do the job well.

Hope this helps.

idata
Employee

Thank you, techguymaxc for your collaboration.

Yurnelo: you can also refer to /message/471425# 471425 this post.

In case you are having a different issue, can you please reply to this post with detailed information about your system configuration and the issue you are having?

Best Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
AYurn
Beginner

I have a fan broke, I'm not going to do what is written in that post, I bought a quality product, so do not let this fan break my fan, I will not do anything myself, return money to me or solve this problem.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Motherboard manufacturers give their users some degree of control over the fans which are connected to their motherboards. If you go check the available fan control settings in your motherboard's UEFI, you can potentially correct this unwanted behavior. Asus, for example, calls this feature "Q Fan control". If you want to tell us the make and model of motherboard that is in your computer, more specific instructions can be provided.

I hope this helps

0 Kudos
AYurn
Beginner
/message/472580# 472580 Jumps in temperature of 7700k, I do not need this ****, give me back my money or solve this problem.
0 Kudos
AYurn
Beginner
/message/472580# 472580 Jumps in temperature of 7700k/message/472580# 472580 Jumps in temperature of 7700k/message/472580# 472580 Jumps in temperature of 7700k
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Yurnelo,

The Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor comes without a cooling fan, you can refer to the following article for further information:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/processors/000005940.html Intel® Boxed Desktop Processors with No Fan Heat Sink

If you got a cooling fan when you purchased the processor, I recommend you to contact the vendor to look for any possible warranty options for your cooling fan.

Can you please clarify if the issue posted in the thread shared before caused your cooling fan to fail?

Best Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
AYurn
Beginner

Stop Stop. Do not translate the topic the other way, you did not qualitative goods, return me my money or solve the problem of your wrong goods.

0 Kudos
AYurn
Beginner

Your product is spoiled!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Yurnelo,

I have sent you a private message.

Best Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Yurnelo,

I have sent you a private message.

Regards,

JC
0 Kudos
TGrab1
New Contributor III

Yurnelo,

Sorry to see you are having issues. When you say it broke your fan can you clarify your reasoning behind this?

If you mean the ramping up and down due to temp spikes then I can understand the frustration, but there are ways to resolve this depending on what motherboard you have and/or software solutions. If this was a new fan I would recommend contacting the manufacture for it as it failed prematurely, but I do not see it being a fault of the CPU.

Anyways if you could provide more information I would be more than happy to see what solutions might be out there to prevent this in the future.

0 Kudos