Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20628 Discussions

Windows 10 only supports 2 Monitors

SD28
Beginner

HI,

I just upgraded to Windows10.

Using Win7 my PC was able to use 3 monitors, now with Win10 only 2 monitors display anything. The third one stays black.

I'm using an i5-3320M.

The Driver version is 10.18.10.4425.

The current driver provided by the Intel Driver Update Utility is 15.33.43.4425, but after the installation the driver is still provided, even if the installation was successful.

How do I update the driver?

What must I do to use 3 monitors again?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello c456fa2,

I would like to gather more information regarding your system configuration in order to address this matter in the most accurate way, so respond below;

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
SD28
Beginner

Hi,

The model of the monitors is described in the Graphic Driver Info.

I use one VGA cable and one DVI (I don't know which brand). The third Monitor ought to be DP or the Built In Monitor.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

c456fa2, thank you for the reports.

For testing purposes; is there any chance you can try with a clean installation? Sometimes during operating system upgrades there is a chance where the operating system fails and may not get install properly causing some features or functions to not work as expected, so we want to rule this by installing Windows® 10 from scratch.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
SD28
Beginner

This is a clean installation.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

c456fa2, thank you for the clarification. I recommended that because you mentioned that this was an upgrade.

Please let me review this matter, I will update the thread as soon as possible.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

c456fa2, thank you for your patience.

Have you tested the output ports individually? Please test them and share your results.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
SD28
Beginner

yes they work individually

each composition each monitor with the build in oder both external monitors work.

but not 3 at the same time.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

c456fa2c, thank you for that information.

The driver you currently have installed which is from our end, version .4425, is known to drive 3 monitors under Windows® 10. At this stage, since this configuration is not working the next step will be installing the graphics provided by your computer manufacturer, please try to get in contact with Fujitsu in order to get more drivers for your computer model.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
SD28
Beginner

Hi,

I just installed the driver from Fujitsu. The driver is not the newest driver.

It still doesn't work.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I was able to find the driver from our; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25977/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-33-?product=81499 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.33]. It is the latest for your graphics controller and operating system. Like mentioned before, at this stage the best advice regarding this configuration should be provided by your computer manufacturer.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
SD28
Beginner

This driver doesn't work as well.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

c456fa2c, I am sorry to hear that!

In this case our recommendation is to contact your computer manufacturer for more troubleshooting steps regarding this matter, just like mentioned before version .4425, is known to drive 3 monitors under Windows® 10. Their support should be able to provide more feedback.

Regards,

Amy C

0 Kudos