cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my mac mini cannot recognize x25-m 80GB

HChun11
New Contributor

Hi all,

I recently bought used mac mini 2012 late and tried to change internal hard drive to my old intel ssd, but mac didn't recognize ssd at all.

I tried both 2 ports on logic board but not working. I checked the firmware of ssd and it was up to date. I tried other drives, including ssds, I don't have any problem, they are working fine with mac mini. Only intel ssd isn't recognized.

Anyone tried old intel ssd with mac mini and got some troubles like me?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Hi Hankboy, did you check with Apple* if this Intel® SSD was a validated model for your system?

http://www.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/sb/CS-032001.htm Intel® High Performance Solid-State Drives — Will the Intel® SSD work in my MacBook?

Thanks Joe,

I read that article you linked, but it's not helping me at this time.

Actually, I have several ssds from various manufactures and all other ssds were well attached but Intel. Anyway, I'm waiting for hdd cable for dual drives of mac mini, so will test again once I receive that cable.

JLam10
New Contributor

Hi Hankboy

I have similar problem, I tried update the Firmware of X-25M, but my Mac Mini still cannot work, what about you? The new cable can work?

Hi JoeBJ,

Thanks for interesting me.

I just received the cable this morning and tested but didn't work.

I tried other ssds including old Mtron SSDs with original and new cables, and they worked well but intel's.

Mac mini never recognized X-25M at all.

So, I gave up at this time and I put old Mtron SSD into Mac mini, and it works fine so far.

If you get a solution by chance, please let me know.