Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Intel HD4400 Output to Digital Television from pop up menu

KMcBr
Novice

When I use the keyboard key to switch from my laptop to the digital television using the windows 8.1 interface it switches correctly to 1920x1080, but if I use the right click menu and select the quick links under the graphics options menu to switch to Digital Television, it sets the resolution at 1776x1000.

driver version 10.18.10.3907

looking at the system info for the monitor its showing it doesn't support 1920x1080 at 60hz, but it does.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Graphics community.

Are you using any graphics profile? It might be that it was created when you set 1776*1000 screen resolution.

If you are using profiles, I recommend delete them and recreate the profile.

Also, make sure you have tested customized drivers from your motherboard or computer manufacturer.

Try using direct video cables, without adapters. It may prevent the graphics controller from working correctly with second screen.

Allan.

0 Kudos
KMcBr
Novice

Thanks, it's a new laptop with a 1920x1080 display, and I've never set the resolution to 1776*1000. I think the graphics driver has an issue as it switches fine using Windows method. It's just using the right click method. No adapters straight to tv via hdmi. Not using profiles either. I tried changing hdmi ports on my tv but still did the same thing. I'm using the current drivers it seems. I think the drivers aren't picking up my tv's valid resolutions correctly as its not showing a 1920*1080 60p only 60i in the driver options and support information center for my monitor (Windows shows correct data though), so I think it's defaulting to the next 60p resolution, but in the display setup it does show 1920*1080 and tv is not in interlaced mode. my display does do 60p

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for the information.

I would like to report this matter to our engineering team and check if this is an issue with Monitor's EDID or video drivers.

Please attach graphics report generated within graphics control panel.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-009476.htm Graphics Drivers — Intel® Graphics Driver Report

Allan.

0 Kudos
KMcBr
Novice

Okay here is the attached file you requested, note the digital television resolutions end at 1920x1080 30p...oops looks like the 60p is listed but at the top, sorry

Darn I thought I was onto something Maybe that's not it.

I also included a screen shot of what I get after using the "Output To" option from the right click graphic options menu for Digital Television. This is of course after the current profile in the Intel graphics control panel knows what the resolution of the second display is.

The windows option does not correct the resolution after I use the Intel right click method, but once I manually set it back the windows option is consistently correct there after.

My TV in the past has worked properly with different resolutions on both xbox360, ps3 and ps4 but maybe it is the EDID, but maybe since I was incorrect in my original assumption its the driver instead.

Do you think I should uninstall the monitor, both the main display on the Lenovo Flex 2 15 and the Samsung are listed as Generic PnP Monitor.

My TV is a model Samsung LN40A650.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

It looks like the monitor's EDID is not been detected properly. You need to make sure that you install the latest monitor firmware or monitor drivers.

Please let me know you findings.

Allan.

0 Kudos
KMcBr
Novice

Well I don't think digital tv manufacturers send out windows 8.1 drivers as I could not locate one. My system is as up-to-date as it can be. Thank you for trying though.

I did try updating the generic pnp monitor associated with the Samsung digital television and manually choosing the standard digital flat panel (1920*1080*60hz). This yielded the same results as before with the Intel graphics right click menu choosing the 1776x1000 resolution but the windows monitor switch chooses correctly. I assume this is as you said the tv is sending the wrong data. Can I force a new resolution somehow?

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

If your computer manufacturer has enabled custom resolution modes for your graphics controller, you may try creating new custom screen resolution.

See this link for more information: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-029478.htm Graphics Drivers — Custom Resolutions & Modes

Allan.

0 Kudos