Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

igfxCUIService.exe crashing - Intel 4600 Graphics related

BB3
Beginner

Hey. I recently put together a computer with a 4970k processor and Intel 4600 Graphics. However, my computer has been freezing randomly and crashing due to the graphics conflicting with my additional R9 295x2 Graphics card. My OS is Windows 8.1, 64-bit. I have installed the most recent drivers for the 4600 as well as the most recent stable AMD drivers for the R9 295x2. I do not see the Intel 4600 Graphics in my Hardware List, so I cannot disable them. I have told my motherboard's BIOS to use the PCIE graphics card as the main card, and yet my system continues to freeze and crash. Today alone I have had four crashes due to this issue. How can I solve this issue?

The description of the crash log:

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\igfxCUIService.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: igfxCUIService.exe

Application Version: 6.15.10.3907

Application Timestamp: 53e0fb5e

Fault Module Name: igfxCUIService.exe

Fault Module Version: 6.15.10.3907

Fault Module Timestamp: 53e0fb5e

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00000000000172b9

OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: a03e

Additional Information 2: a03e22ea5e38d993ad1adaeaeef6014d

Additional Information 3: c832

Additional Information 4: c832973209a1e3cf18399711242902d8

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 103a23d86f068b17a958745f2fc3a3c8 (85948040035)

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi BB

When installing the graphics drivers for your system be sure to install the Intel HD Graphics drivers first before installing the AMD graphics drivers. What I would recommend you trying is first uninstall the AMD graphics drivers, Uninstall the Intel HD Graphics drivers and then start to re-install the drivers with the Intel HD Graphics drivers first. Also install the Chipset INF driver. Also be sure your motherboard has the latest BIOS update and the BIOS is set correctly to work with 2 display adapters (Intel HD and AMD). Here is the order I would recommend. Reboot between each step.

1. Install the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20775&lang=eng Chipset INF Driver

2. Open Control Panel, open Device Manager, click on the AMD display adapter, click the Driver tab, click Uninstall driver and be sure to check the Remove Driver Files box and uninstall the driver.

3. Open the Control Panel and open Programs and Features, if the Intel HD Graphics driver is listed click Uninstall.

Now you can start installing the graphics drivers.

4. Install the Intel https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=24245&lang=eng&ProdId=3719 HD Graphics driver

5. Install the http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064 AMD graphics driver.

Please post back and let me know if this was successful.

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
BB3
Beginner

Hey Robert,

1. As I already had the most recent version of the Chipset INF Driver installed (10.0.17.0), I did not downgrade to the 10.0.13.0.

2. I removed the AMD drivers completely

3. Removed the Intel HD drivers through the Programs and Features

4. Attempted to install the Intel HD Drivers, the computer crashed with an IRQL error, and upon reboot the install exe would terminate before properly installing. The Intel HD Graphics are not shown in Programs and Features.

5. Reinstalled the most recent AMD drivers.

I'll give this thing a stress test and see if it croaks, but something is causing a load of trouble.

EDIT:

It was not successful, and I now have no way of knowing that the Intel Drivers installed correctly. Also, if I hook my main monitor up to my Motherboard DVI output, I do not get any input registered on my screen. It seems that the Intel HD Graphics are truly not working. I have to say, I've never had this issue with AMD cpu's before, but I always chose ones without imbedded graphics. This is quite disappointing.

The next step is to wipe my OS and Drivers on my SSD and reload everything, but it is quite annoying and time consuming. This will be my second full wipe, as the first time I had this freezing issue (before I narrowed it down), was on Windows 7 64-bit. I would appreciate any more advice or answers before I have to do another tedious reinstall.

0 Kudos
HBüns
Beginner

Hi,

I have the same Issue since I installed my new GTX 780 Ti. When my PC is under full load it freezes after a few minutes with the same error.

I already tried to reinstall the Nvidia drivers and Intel HD Graphics driver, too.

I'm using Windows 8.1 and here's my system: i5 4690k, Asus Maximus VII Hero, BeQuiet Straight Power E10 800W, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Asus GTX 780 Ti.

And here is my Error Code:

Problemereignisame:APPCRASHAnwendungsname:igfxCUIService.exeAnwendungsversion:6.15.10.3907Anwendungszeitstempel:53e0fb5eFehlermodulname:igfxCUIService.exeFehlermodulversion:6.15.10.3907Fehlermodulzeitstempel:53e0fb5eAusnahmecode:c0000005Ausnahmeoffset:00000000000172b9Betriebsystemversion:6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48Gebietsschema-ID:1031Zusatzinformation 1:a03eZusatzinformation 2:a03e22ea5e38d993ad1adaeaeef6014dZusatzinformation 3:1fb9Zusatzinformation 4:1fb91cc21f8942bc08a3cbae8a4d9260

Do you have any solution Sploosh?

0 Kudos
BB3
Beginner

Sorry Slows, I do not have a solution yet. We both have the same motherboard, actually. I have seen this issue on the internet, but I'm hoping that it isn't an issue with Asus. Last time I poked around there I didn't find any leads either.

Wiping and reinstalling everything does NOT solve this issue.

0 Kudos
HBüns
Beginner

I think that I could solve the problem for me, It's an issue with the Asus GTX 780 Ti cards. Asus implemented an OCP/OVP Protection which is configurated way too low. Because of this the card shuts down under full load. The solution is an file called "Disable.exe", just google Asus 780 Ti Disable.exe. This file disables this protection. I don't know if your card has the same issue (is it an Asus card?), maybe you can try this. Since I ran this file there were no crashes. The only disadvantage of this is the fact that you have to run the .exe file at every startup but that's okay for me.

0 Kudos
ROBERT_U_Intel
Employee

Hi BB Thanks for reporting back.

Would you try an additional test? Uninstall the graphics drivers again, both Intel and AMD, shutdown the system and remove the AMD graphics card. Boot the system back up and install the Intel HD Graphics drivers and make sure they work ok without the AMD card. Then shutdown again and install the AMD card back into the system, boot, and install the AMD drivers. Let me know the results.

Also, we posted new Intel HD Graphics drivers today available here:

32-bit: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24349 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24349

64-bit: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24348 http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=24348

Thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
AFarC
Beginner

Sploosh,I had the same problem,it;s a compatibility problem and there 2 ways to fix it, go to C:/windows/system32/igfxCUIService.exe right click on it and send to desktop,right click the igfx shortcut on the desktop,select properties then compatibility and select your OS.Check the run this program in compatibility mode for:

the other way to do it is go to C:/windows/system32/igfxCUIService.exe right click on it and send to desktop right click the igfx shortcut on the desktop,select troubleshoot compatibility and follow the instruction.Hope this helps your problem as it did mine.

0 Kudos