Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20622 Discussions

Intel HD 4000 serious gradient banding with HDMI

ABayg
Beginner

Recently I bought a new monitor (ViewSonic VX2363SMHL-W) for my laptop (Samsung NP510R5E-S02RU). Everything was fine, except of serious banding which appears in every gradient and sometimes with noticeable flickering (even my laptop's TN panel performs better here). I thought it was my monitor's problem, but then I connected it via VGA and the problem was gone! Then I decided that HDMI cabel is defective and tried another cabel, but it didn't work as well. So, GPU (Intel HD 4000) is causing this problem. I would have stopped with VGA, but it leads (obviously) to some loss of quality (e.g. text is blurry) which is even worse. I have latest drivers that Samsung can offer.

After some research I found out that this is a known issue ( ). I wonder if it was fixed already and what I should do to get it work properly? 'Cause this is REALLY annoying

Attached a screenshot to provide some clarity in my words.

P.S: Sorry for my English just in case.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ABayg
Beginner

I forced latest generic Intel graphics driver to install. Also I updated drivers for discrete gpu (AMD Radeon 8750m). Aaand... it changed nothing. Then I changed timing to CVT-RB (http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1479962&p=8 tutorial here) and at least flickering was gone. Also gradient banding is now less visible (not much). Still not ideal, but maybe this information will help someone.

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the information, I am sure this will help other community members.

Allan.

0 Kudos