Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

What Driver Should I Be Using?

ZBopp
Beginner

I don't know anything about this computer drivers/graphics stuff. I was gonna update my drivers when Intel told me to download the Iris Driver instead. so I did so and now I cannot play any of my games, saying my drivers are out of date. Please someone help. I will post my information on this stuff.

Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

Manufacturer: Intel Corporation

Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

DAC type: Internal

Device Type: Full Device

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_r3.140827-1500)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz

Driver Name: igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32

Someone please help me. I just wanna play Heroes of the Storm with my buddies, but I can't get on it now.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Hello Xaphlyer,

First of all, I would like to know some information about your system in order to provide you the correct graphics drivers.

Could you please attach the DX Diag report from your system? (Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Save All Information).

And the system Information report: Click Start> Type System Information> Click File> Export> Save File> Attach using Advanced Editor Options.

I want to inform you that we recommend customers to use the drivers provided by the system manufacture, since the drivers provided by Intel are generic and sometimes these cannot be installed on other systems. Usually the installation of our drivers could overwrite the customizations made by the OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) and possibly change the functionality of the graphics.

So, please provide me the information I request in order to help you.

Regards,

0 Kudos