Items with no label
3335 Discussions

what's the hardware dimensions of the "Intel® RealSense™ Development Kit Featuring the ZR300" ?

pdwiv
Novice

i wanted to know the hardware dimensions of the ZR300 package for my robot design as it is not available neither on datasheet nor on website. i am planning to put ZR300 on my testing platform so by the time i get it i should have a proper mounting available to place it on the robot. So if it is possible to share this information please.

1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi kingknight12345,

The document where the dimensions of the ZR300 are mentioned, is not yet published on the website. We're working to have it available soon. I took the ZR300 and made some approximate measurements.

You can see them here:

X: 15.5cm

Y: 3.2cm

Z: 0.9cm

Again, these measurements are approximate but, will hopefully be useful to the community while we wait for the official document to be published.

Thanks MartyG for once again helping the community, we really appreciate it.

Regards,

Sergio A

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I wasn't able to find the dimensions of the ZR300 developer kit either. I applied some left-field thinking though.

A device that used the ZR300 camera board was the cancelled Smartphone Developer Kit. That kit was 164.8 mm wide. Comparing the bare ZR300 board to the position of the lens holes on the casing, it again looks like a snug fit. So 165 mm might be a reasonable rough estimate for the width at least. Sorry I can't be any more help than that.

The R200 kit is about 134 mm wide, and the ZR300 has more components. So 165 mm may be a decent guesstimate.

Another image posed the ZR300 kit - with its casing - next to the Robotics Kit board. That board is 85 mm wide and looks to be about half the width of the ZR300 kit it is posed with (the board was posed at a diagonal angle, so I'm doing some mental gymnastics). So again, 2 x 85 is 170 mm, so 165 mm seems a reasonable pitch.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
pdwiv
Novice

Thanks MartyG for taking out time and sharing the knowledge. Although candy comes in different sizes but what matters is the approach and your approach was approximately correct. Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi kingknight12345,

The document where the dimensions of the ZR300 are mentioned, is not yet published on the website. We're working to have it available soon. I took the ZR300 and made some approximate measurements.

You can see them here:

X: 15.5cm

Y: 3.2cm

Z: 0.9cm

Again, these measurements are approximate but, will hopefully be useful to the community while we wait for the official document to be published.

Thanks MartyG for once again helping the community, we really appreciate it.

Regards,

Sergio A

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Thanks muchly for the measurements Sergio. My original method of measurement was to compare it with the Euclid, which also uses the ZR300. But since the only measurement on every news source was 'candy bar sized', that was not much use because candy bars come in many sizes.

0 Kudos
pdwiv
Novice

Hi Sergio,

Thank you very much for the measurements. I searched a lot for these dimensions thank you for making my task simple now i continue with my other tasks.

Thank you & Regards

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You're welcome @kingknight12345 and @MartyG, we're happy to help. It's great to hear you found this useful. Don't hesitate to contact us again if help is needed.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos