Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20496 Discussions

Intel HD Graphics 520. Black bars. Old games

ABobk
Beginner

There is a graphics processor Intel HD Graphics 520.When you run older games on the sides of the screen there are black bars. The graphics settings is the "increase in the full screen" How to fix this error, or whether the driver will be updated soonThere is a graphics processor Intel HD Graphics 520.When you run older games on the sides of the screen there are black bars. The graphics settings is the "increase in the full screen" How to fix this error, or whether the driver will be updated soon?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Please provide the name of the old games you are trying to play at full screen.

Also, I need additional information about your system configuration. Please run the following utility and attach the results.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility

In order to attach files, make sure you select the "Advanced Editor" option in the top right of your reply window. You will then be presented with an attach file dialogue at the bottom of the reply.

Allan.
0 Kudos
ABobk
Beginner

Hi,i tried to run games such as Starcraft, Quake 3, Heroes 3 of might and magic, and all to no avail.

I run these games on an old laptop and it worked. There was also intel graphics card but an older model.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the report.

Intel is constantly updating the graphics drivers, and oftentimes, while fixing a bug with a game that relies on a given API (e.g. OpenGL*, Direct3D*) Intel indirectly addresses bugs showing on other games using the same API.

You can try updating to the latest graphics drivers to try to solve this issue.

Version: 15.45.14.4590

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26563/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45 https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26563/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45-

Hope this information is helpful.

Please do let me know if you need further assistance with your Intel product, I will be glad to assist you.

Allan.

0 Kudos
ABobk
Beginner

Hi, thank you for your reply

Now I have installed the driver version 20.19.15.4390. Date 18.02.2016. Using Contact your manufacturer Intel's (R) Driver Update Utility 2.6 shows me such a notification "Your computer has a driver computer manufacturer. Intel Driver Update Utility can not update the driver. Installing the Intel standard driver instead of the driver manufacturer may cause technical problems. For find the latest drivers for your computer. "

How to advise to do, leave the driver manufacturer to install the driver or intel? Will it affect the performance of the GPU?Which driver is best to use to update the Intel or Acer

0 Kudos
ABobk
Beginner

I tried to install the driver that you have advised me. Here's what happened:

"Installs the driver is not valid for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the manufacturer.

Installation will be terminated.

Need more information? Click "Yes" to go to the Support Web site intel".

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Were you able to install the driver manually?

Allan.
0 Kudos
ABobk
Beginner

Hello Allan. No. I was unable to install the drivers manually. "The Windows system has determined that the drivers for this device do not need to be updated," I used the driver that you have advised me.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In that case, your computer requires only drivers provided by the computer maker. Thank you for your feedback on this matter.

Allan.
0 Kudos