Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Gears of war 4 freezes on Intel HD Graphics 520

LHout
Beginner

Hi everyone.

i have an issue when i playing gears of war 4 on intel hd graphics 520. The issue appears when the game is loading a match, in that moment the screen freezes, and i have to close the game and execute again, generally, this ocurred after the first match i play and on the campaign.

Sorry about my english if doesn't clear, but i don't speak/white english a 100%. If an additional information is needed, tell me what information and how to obtain to post that. I attach a file with my system information.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
39 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, let's try to work on this issue but I need additional details about this issue, please fill out the following form as complete as possible.

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Allan.
0 Kudos
LHout
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

Gears of War 4 freezes while the game is searching or loading a match on multiplayer and any random moment on the campaign.

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

I5-6200U

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

Intel HD Graphics 520

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

XXXWHITESPACE...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information.

I was wondering if you were able to load driver version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26604/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-Beta-15-45- 4614 Do you still have same problem with new driver installed?

Allan.
0 Kudos
LHout
Beginner

the issue still happends with the driver version 4614... i didn't play long time becuase i'm bussy with my university, but the little time i play, the issue happends

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

I understand this issue was already fixed on an earlier driver version but I need to identify a driver regression issue.

Please try the following steps:

• Disconnect the computer from Internet
  • Go to Windows Control Panel and uninstall the Intel® graphics driver while the computer remains disconnected from the Internet, and then install the following driver:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26305/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40-?product=88968 Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

This is a previous Beta driver (build 4530) that contains specific fixes for Gears of War 4.

Please reply back with your findings.

Allan.

0 Kudos
LHout
Beginner

sorry but i'm bussy these last days, i'll try to install the 4530 driver version and see what happend

0 Kudos
LHout
Beginner

i installed the 4530 driver and play some matches normally, no issue but i want to test it for a little more before i post a final report about that version. But i see some kind of distortion on fonts, icons and start menu after the installation of the 4530 version driver. i attach a image for you

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi keepercito,

Thank you for the picture.

Please update this thread at your convenience. In case you need more assistance or if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us back.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi keepercito,

Have you been testing the game? Did you encounter more problems with driver version 4530?

Allan.

0 Kudos
LHout
Beginner

bro, so sorry but i'm really bussy with my studies this days... so, i couldn't testing more but i hope this weekend i could test.

and thanks for follow this thread, i try to responde asap

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

In case you need more assistance or if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us back.

Allan.
0 Kudos
LHout
Beginner

hi !!! I tested these past 2 days playing and all was normally, the game didn't freeze, only the issues i was report on post i attached the image... So, before to uninstall the beta driver 4530, do you need any other files or something for work on the issue??? I will install the lastest version and i will report if the game freezes again

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for the information. I am glad the game works while using driver version 4530.

If you continue experiencing this problem, please provide additional details about it.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi keepercito,

I was waiting for more feedback in regard to this problem. Were you able to test this game with latest graphics drivers?

Allan.
0 Kudos
LHout
Beginner

Hi, i tested right now and failed too with the lastet version of the driver... the beta 4530 still was the version to play without fail but isn't a versiion for daily use 😕

sorry if respond not frequently, but you have something that i can do or test, i will respond as soon as i can

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi keepercito,

That's unfortunate. I will forward this information to the appropriate department for further review.

Thank you for taking the time and communicate this to us.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi keepercito,

I am still trying to get this issue fixed, please try running the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26669/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-45- latest graphics drivers version 4627 and attach the dxdiag report.

DxDiag Instructions:
  1. Click on the "Start Menu" -> Type "DxDiag" -> Press "Enter" -> Wait for the DirectX Diagnostic Tool to finish loading
  2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, click "Save All Information" -> Save the file DxDiag.txt
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Allan.
0 Kudos
LHout
Beginner

you need only the file or need the file after run the game???

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. I need the file after you install the latest graphics drivers version 4627.

Allan
0 Kudos