Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Problem Regarding Installation of Intel Real Sense SR300 Essentials SDK.

skumb
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to install intel_rs_sdk_mw_core_offline_11.0.27.1384 SDK but it is showing error in options menu that No Components Selected To Install. I am attaching a snapshot of it .

Please help me in this issue.

These are the specification of my System is there anything which is not compatible with the SDK.

0 Kudos
18 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I tried downloading the R3 Essentials SDK module myself but could not reproduce the problem that you showed above. I could not find any reports of it having happened to anyone else.

Have you tried downloading the full-package version of the SDK?

0 Kudos
skumb
Beginner

Hi MartyG,

I have tried to install full version but it is showing the same problem. Please help me in this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

My initial thought was whether your internet connection had cut off during download and missed some of the components. I ran some tests and found that whilst a web connection was needed to install the 1 mb sized download version, it was not needed for the 115 mb full package. So if you managed to download the full offline package, the internet connection is unlikely to be related to the problem.

Your PC's processor is also a 6th generation Skylake architecture that meets RealSense's minimum specification, so the problem likely isn't with your PC hardware either.

Before the RealSense SDK is installed, you first need to install the Depth Camera Manager (DCM) program. Could you confirm to me that you installed the DCM please before you tried installing the R3 SDK? Thanks!

0 Kudos
skumb
Beginner

Hi MartyG,

The SDK installed properly. But after that the face tracking module is not working. Whenever I start the application it shows the message init failed. And the camera also gets disconnected automatically. I am inserting the snapshot of it. Please help me in this issue.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

From version R3 onwards, the SDK is split into modules. If you return to the SDK download page and scroll down a little further, you will see an optional module Please download that and let me know if it fixes your problem.

0 Kudos
skumb
Beginner

Hi MartyG,

I have installed all the SDK as you mentioned but it is still not working. Again it is showing same thing . Please help me in this issue. And thank you for the reply.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I believe that init can fail if you have not selected any options in the side-menu. 'Landmarks' at least should be selected so that the camera knows what to scan for. In your image, there are no options ticked at the side.

Could you tick Detection, Landmark and Pose at the side please, as shown in the image of my version of that sample, and click Start again please?

Edit: actually, it does work with no options in Face Tracking. I was thinking of the '3D Scan' sample where you need to select an option. My apologies.

0 Kudos
skumb
Beginner

Hi MartyG,

I have done the things like you have said. But it is still not working the camera gets disconnected automatically whenever i start the Face Tracking Module. I'm attaching the snapshot of it.

Please help in this issue. I

I have even tried the settings of power management.

Like shown in above image. But still it gets disconnected. Please help me in this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Is the camera working in other sample apps?

If the camera works in other samples but gets disconnected when using the Face Tracking sample, I would suspect that it is a USB issue. When the depth camera is used, the camera's laser draws a greater amount of power from the USB port. If the port cannot reliably supply the camera with all the power that it needs in that high power drain mode then the camera disconnects.

Numerous people who have encountered this situation found that their problem was fixed by purchasing a "powered hub" - a USB hub that is powered by the mains socket instead of being plugged into the device's USB port.

0 Kudos
skumb
Beginner

Hi,

It works only for Raw streaming and does not work for any other module. As you have said "powered hub" - a USB hub where i can buy it. Please send me the details.

It is also not working for the camera explorer. It shows the following error. Please help me in this issue.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Whilst a powered hub has fixed problems with the RealSense cameras for many people, if your camera failures are widespread then you might want to first check the help guides posted by Intel at the top of the forum's front page in the Featured Content section.

If you decide that you want to proceed with purchasing a powered hub - and it has been a quick fix for many people - then you can find them at Amazon by searching for 'powered usb 3.0 hub'. As an example, this is Amazon's own-brand one.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Port-2-5A-power-adapter/dp/B00DQFGH80/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1487671994&sr=8-6&keywords=powered+usb+3.0+hub https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Port-2-5A-power-adapter/dp/B00DQFGH80/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1487671994&sr=8-6&keywo

0 Kudos
skumb
Beginner

Hi MartyG,

Thank you for your advice. I will check the help guides and decide the things. I am attaching the snapshot of powered hub below. Can you please tell me is it compatible with the camera. And will it work on Acer's laptops. Because my laptop is Acer Aspire E15. Does the camera works fine on Acer's laptops or Is it having any problem with Acer?

Thanks,

Shweta

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I had a real shock when I saw a price of 1,485, until I realized that it was on Amazon India.

I don't know for sure if it will work with your camera. But when other people have bought a powered USB hub, they have not bought a particular recommended model, just whichever one they chose, and most of them have worked totally fine. Not every person who bought a powered hub had their camera problem fixed by it, but most of them did.

I always check the customer reviews on Amazon listings before I buy. I looked up this unit on Amazon India and it had excellent reviews, so it should be good. Check the reviews anyway yourself to reassure yourself that it is the one you want.

There have been various models of the Acer Aspire EI5. Can you tell me the model number of yours please?

0 Kudos
skumb
Beginner

Hi,

I am attaching the snapshot of it. Please check and tell me is the laptop is compatible with SR300 camera.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

The processor is a 6th generation Skylake architecture, which is what the SR-300 needs. You also have USB 3.0. So if you also have Windows 10 on that laptop (which the SR-300 also needs) then the camera should work, as the laptop meets the camera's specification.

I say "should" because sometimes it is not as simple as that. For example, if the laptop's USB port cannot supply the camera with all the power that it needs, then the camera may also need to be used with a mains socket powered USB hub. But in theory, your laptop is capable of using the SR-300.

0 Kudos
skumb
Beginner

Hi MartyG,

I have Windows 10 on my laptop. So, thank you so much for your all the help and guidance. And sorry for giving you the trouble all this time.

Thanks,

Shweta Kumbhar

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You're very welcome. I wish you good luck. Please come back here if you have more problems - it is never a trouble, I promise.

0 Kudos
RPepp1
Beginner

Hi startreck did u finally resolve this issue? I am having the exact same issue and I have USB 3.0. And what solution worked for you if you did.

0 Kudos