Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel i7 4790K on Z97-A - Trying to Get VF0800 Functionality Back in Win 10 - Can't Upgrade Firmware

JWilc
Beginner

So I actually found a post from myself regarding getting everything installed with the new SDK and DCM on 8.1 - I've now been on 10 Pro x64 for a while and the camera kept working just fine as a camera. I hadn't gotten back to coding due to life and trying to get back on track. I have done full uninstall, search and destroy after uninstall for any additional Intel files that might pertain to it but I still get stuck at the firmware AND the camera manager install. SDK and Runtime will install no problem but can't actually get the full functionality out of it. The one that installs seems to be enough for Windows Hello, which is nice, but does nothing when I want to actually use it for Skype or *gasp* try some of the code samples.

I figure the issue with the DCM is the firmware, but not even the firmware recognizes that the camera is connected, so I have no idea what to do in this case. I've tried all 4 3.0 USB (blue ports!) I've completely uninstalled. I've installed the driver, done a restart as requested and end up with only the 1 item in my device manager under imaging: RealSense Front F200 Depth -- I had the RGB as well before I went and tried to uninstall everything, but never the virtual driver which is what the DCM is supposed to do.

Driver: C3DG_0800_PCAPP_DRV_EN_1_00_07.exe

Firmware: C3DG_0800_FW_EN_2_38_5_0.exe

Error: Creative 3D Gesture Camera VF0800 is not connected

DCM: intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.41944.exe

Error: The installer failed to detect an Intel RealSense 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated.

I also tried a /I or /H or /? from the command line with the EXE to see if I could force it.

I'm stuck, please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Hi Saeryn, you asked me on another forum post about updating the firmware of the F200 camera: I would imagine that the process is the same for the F200,as it is for the R200 (as described in that other post), except instead using the filename of the F200's firmware driver.

Here's a link to that thread for others who are interested in force-updating the R200 firmware.

I eventually managed to track down a process for updating the F200's firmware, as described by Intel support staffer Jorge.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Hi Saeryn, you asked me on another forum post about updating the firmware of the F200 camera: I would imagine that the process is the same for the F200,as it is for the R200 (as described in that other post), except instead using the filename of the F200's firmware driver.

Here's a link to that thread for others who are interested in force-updating the R200 firmware.

I eventually managed to track down a process for updating the F200's firmware, as described by Intel support staffer Jorge.

0 Kudos