Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4762 Discussions

Intel Server board 3420GPLC driver problem

GBrow10
Beginner

I am trying to restore a Windows Server 2003 server to new hardware using Symantec Backup Exec system recovery software. It has always worked well in the past. Now it is asking for the storage drivers. I have tried every driver on the disk provided with the motherboard. Below is the board info:

Intel 3420 GPLC

set up with a RAID 5 with 4 500 GB drives.

None of the drivers seem to be acceptable.

When I reboot I get the BSD with error 0x0000007b which is storage driver issue.

I would appreciate any incite that anyone may have on this.

Thanks,

Grant

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Edward_Z_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
GBrow10
Beginner

Thanks for your response. I had already tried that driver. It just didn't want to take it. I finally ingnored the driver install. And since I had selected the option to delete existing drivers in the Backup Exec System Recovery, it did boot up this time without the BSD. But now there are no usb drivers so I have no keyboard or mouse. This just gets better and better doesn't it. I tried to do a repair with my windows 2003 install disk and it gave me the BSD with the same error above.

At this point I am considering putting the old hard ware back and waiting until I can do a full operating system load....

0 Kudos