cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the SSD 320 "Bad Context 13x Error" truly fixed?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I was getting ready to order a new Windows 7 laptop with the 600GB SSD 320 when I saw these errors were occuring and people were losing all their data. I saw some users were still having problems even after updating to the new firmware. Just wondering what the latest status was, I don't want to endure what these other users have gone through.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

No, it is not fixed. Intel representatives just ignore everything concerning it. The only solution for you is not use this model.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I've been using two of 320 drives for about 8 months or so with no problem, but I'm still doing weekly backups just in case. Despite my skepticism my next SSD will probably still be a 320 - the number of complaints in this forum really isn't that many compared to other manufacturers. Of course it may very well be the case that other manufacturers drives are more reliable, but they push a lot more volume so there are more people with problems, or maybe the kind of person who buys intel drives are less prone to posting complaints on a forum... but I would like to think that the firmware bug is mostly gone and those with problem either got a lemon or are very unlucky.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'll go for some Samsung 470s and 830s next time. (One already purchased.)

The 830 had one bug reported in the public and this was fixed.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I fully lost my confidence in both the Intel 320 SSD product and the Intel SSD manufacturer.

I sold my 6 month old Intel 320 drive and switched to a Crucial m4 128GB.

So far so good!