Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Moving applications when monitors are powered off

idata
Employee

I have two monitors and I like to turn them off when I go home from work, but when I turn them on in the morning all my applications have moved monitors because my intel P4600 integrated graphics driver moves all the applications to the monitor I turn on first.

I would like to be able to disable this feature so when I turn my monitors back on my applications are in the same place I left them.

In the mean time, if anybody has a workaround they can tell me, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Douglas.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you for reaching the Intel Communities.

I understand it is important to have the windows arranged as desired for you, this is a known problem that some users have experienced and it is being worked on.

At this point, I would like to gather up some data from your system to have a clear understanding of the scenario you are currently facing.

Please attach the report from the link below.

That report with gather up some basic information of the system related to graphics, OS and drivers used.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

This is to do a follow up on your case and find out if you were able to check my previous post.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the replies!

Please find attached the results of my system scan.

Douglas.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information provided

In this case, I would like you to test the system with our latest generic driver.

This is the link to download it: http://intel.ly/2z8flZw http://intel.ly/2z8flZw

Find the steps to install it attached.

1. Extract the files with right click> extract all

2. Access the device manager

3. Follow the steps from the pictures

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Have you got any information on how the new driver might solve my problem, like a release note or something?

Thanks,

Douglas.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

The reason behid my recommendation is that I want you to have the latest graphics drivers installed to find out if the problem is present or not.

Depending on the results I would proceed accordingly.

Were you able to get the driver 4703 installed? If so, how did the system behave?

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

This is a follow up to your post to find out if you were able to check my previous answer.

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos