Items with no label
3335 Discussions

ZR300 Slam - Start with accuracy set to low

JP6
Beginner

Hi,

I'm currently using the ZR300 with the Slam module and the OpenCV Map, everytime I start it, I have to move the camera up and down for the accuracy to turn from low to med.

Is there a way to override this or to implement a workaround?

Also is there a fix for the "Unplugging and reconnecting" issue?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello _alfred,

Thanks for contacting Intel customer support.

In order for us to further investigate on this issue, can you please provide us your system settings? I ask you this because the SLAM libraries require a very specific hardware and software set up in order for them to run flawless.

Also, can you please share with me the reproduction steps for the "unplugging and reconnecting" issue?

Best Regards,

Juan N.

0 Kudos
JP6
Beginner

Hey Juan,

thank you for your quick reply.

I'm running this on osl42 right now to test the sensor, but it is supposed to be included in a robotic system. Maybe you can let me know, what settings I need for SLAM to run flawlessly.

Unfortunately the second issue is not really reproducible. Every now and then (seems random to me, as I have not been able to figure out a pattern), I run into an error, which says "error : current device does not support motion events" which means I have to unplug the camera and reconnect it.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello _alfred,

Here is a link with the release notes for the SLAM Library, here you will find the recommended system settings for it to run the best way.

https://software.intel.com/sites/products/realsense/release_notes/slam_release_notes.html

Also I have found the following document:

https://software.intel.com/sites/products/realsense/slam/developer_guide.html

Here is stated the following: "The tracking accuracy as reported by the SLAM module will start off low, and should improve to medium once some motion has taken place (high accuracy is not currently used, but is reserved for future use). This initial motion is important for getting good results. Ideally, the initial motion will be mostly translation, as opposed to rotation. It should not be very fast, or very slow. Once the tracking accuracy has improved to medium, more robust tracking can be expected. This typically requires a few decimeters of initial movement." This can be found under the Initial Motion and Tracking accuracy section.

As for the connect/disconnect issue, have you tested using a different USB cable or a different USB port? Are you connecting the camera to a USB 3.0 directly? Or are you using a hub?

Hope the provided information helps to clarify your question about the motion and accuracy.

Please test with this different scenarios on the connect/disconnect issue in order for us to find the root cause of the problem.

Best Regards,

Juan N.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello _alfred,

There is something I would like to add to make sure the different USB cable part is clear. All RealSense peripherals come with their own cables. These cables have been validated and certified by Intel to work with these cameras. If you use a different cable that is not the provided this can generate connection issues. For best results, you should use the Intel provided cable for the peripherial.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello _alfred,

This is a friendly reminder that this case is still open, and I would like to know if you need any additional help or if the provided information helped to clarify your question.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos