Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel 620 and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

JWood10
Beginner

I updated my Windows 10 with the Fall Creators Update and I now cannot connect my Lenovo ThinkPad to my Sony TV via hdmi cable.

Before the update I regularly used the laptop and TV together, now when I plug the hdmi in the TV gives the error message that the format is not supported, but I can get sound through the tv speakers. Both the laptop and tv are less than 12 months old.

I've tested:

1. My laptop can output hdmi to a different TV.

2. My husband's laptop can connect to the Sony TV using the same hdmi cable and port.

3. I've tried most of the available refresh rates and resolutions without success.

4. The Intel Graphics Control Panel will let me select both my laptop monitor and the Sony TV but when I get it to identify displays it can only identify my laptop monitor and not the Sony.

5. I would try to roll back the display driver but that option is greyed out in graphics driver properties.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Antiochus

0 Kudos
18 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Antiochus,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this matter.

Could you please let us know the model of your Lenovo laptop?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Jenny.

We have received some reports of behaviors while using the newest Windows® 10 build, we are currently reviewing most of them.

Since you are using one of our generic Intel® HD Graphics driver versions, I would like to recommend to test one of the customized versions from Lenovo, driver https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/cr/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-EDGE-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-E570/downloads/DS119143 Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit) - ThinkPad E470, E570 is the latest for your model. Please, give it a try and let us know the results.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
JWood10
Beginner

Amy

Thankyou,

I've installed the driver and I'll let you know how I get on.

Jenny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, keep me posted.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
JWood10
Beginner

Amy,

There was a slight difference in that my desktop resized to a 4 by 3 ratio when i connected to the TV, but still no picture. I tried various resolutions and refresh rates but they didn't work.

Jenny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Jenny, please try this driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27199/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-47- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.47]

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
JWood10
Beginner

Amy,

The driver refused to install, I got an error message saying that the driver was not authorized for my computer.

Jenny

0 Kudos
JWood10
Beginner

Amy,

I just saw the other thread where other people mentioned success with the driver you recommended I try. Is there a way to 'force install' that I should try?

Jenny

0 Kudos
JWood10
Beginner

Amy,

I tried manually installing that driver following the instructions in your link but Windows wouldn't do it - when I tried I got ' The best drivers for your device are already installed'

Jenny\

0 Kudos
TW4
Beginner

Hi Jenny,

I had the same problem and got it work by first setting the driver to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter and then installing the latest Intel driver as described above.

To set the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, select "Update driver software" in the context menu of the graphics card entry in the device manager. Then choose "Browse my computer for driver software" and then "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer". In the following list, you can select the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter. After that, you are able to install the Intel Driver from the zip.

Regards.

twwd

0 Kudos
JWood10
Beginner

twwd,

Thank you so much for your help. I did get the driver to install and it works.

Jenny

0 Kudos
JWood10
Beginner

Amy,

With twwd's method I persuaded windows to install the driver you suggested and the driver seems to be working.

Thank you for your help,

Jenny

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

twwd, thank you for the help!

Jenny, glad to hear that driver is working. We are currently working on drivers specifically for Fall Creators Update, they will be available soon in our https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Drivers & Software.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
ST1
Novice

More trouble with HD 500 (J3455) driver and the W10 update...

http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6334 Arock J3455-ITX Intel Graphics Driver - ASRock Forums

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm having the same issue with my HP Envy 15t laptop. Any updates driver that works for this computer? The last driver I can get to work is the one from March, 2017.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Geoffstern, for us to further assist you and to help you with the specific problem, please create a new thread, make sure to add all the details in regard to your system. This way the next agent will have a better look at your specific scenario, you can add this thread as a reference but I recommend creating a new thread in order to isolate your case.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos