Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2055 Discussions

Why can't I accelerate HDD after clean install of Windows 10 64x? Error Message: "0xA001004E): An unknown error occurred while an operation was in progress. The operation could not be completed."

PHind1
Beginner

Computer was purchased in 2012 with Windows 7 initially installed and RST acceleration (using Corsair 64G SSD) functioning fine. With Windows 10 release, I upgraded HDD more than a year ago and again, Intel RST acceleration of HDD (with same SSD) functioning completely fine. With passage of time, C drive required replacement. Installed brand new HDD and did a clean install of Windows 10 64 bit. Computer back up and running. Downloaded most recent version of Intel RST. Attempting to accelerate HDD using same SSD. When do so, consistently receive following error message: "0xA001004E): An unknown error occurred while an operation was in progress. The operation could not be completed." Have turned off Windows Defender anti-virus temporarily during RST file download and install per other posts. Did not resolve issue. Uninstalled RST and downloaded older version 14.8.0.1042 per other post suggestions. Still same error message. Have searched far and wide with no solution found. Give up on acceleration? Has been great feature these past 5 years.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
n_scott_pearson
Super User

This reinforces the need for an answer to my previously-posted question: With the arrival of support for Intel Optane Memory, has Intel dropped support for Intel Smart Response Technology? That is, has Intel dropped support for accelerating the performance of a HDD using all or part of a SSD?

...S

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ErrorMagnet,

I understand that you are having troubles enabling Intel® SMART Response Technology after hard drive replacement.

Let me apologize for any inconvenience this issue may be causing to you.

In order to help you better I would like to get the Intel RST System Report. This link will show you how to generate it https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000006351/technologies.html

Please let me also know the model number of the motherboard/computer you have.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello ErrorMagnet,

I was wondering if you still need assistance enabling Intel® SMART Response Technology on your system. In case you still need assistance just let me know.

Regards,

Fred D.
0 Kudos