Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Network problem with Dualband Wireless AC7265 Windows 10

CvanG
Beginner

Hi,

I have a rather strange problem on 2 identical laptops with the Dualband Wireless AC7265 adapter installed on Windows 10

The newest drivers are installed and also the newest Windows 10 version but the problem was there before that as well.

The laptops are connected to a domain network and everything looks normal.

When connected to the wifi network:

Internet works

gpupdate /force is generating errors and will not load.

When I go to network in windows explorer it says that the folder is empty.

When I type the name of my fileserver in the address it will find it and connect to it.

When I am connected to the ethernet adapter everything works:

Gpupdate /force works

When I go to network in windows explorer all my network printers etc. are shown.

Clearly this is something in the wireless intel adapter.

Any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
11 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello itsrunning,

We understand you're having issues updating your group policy using the Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 in Windows® 10.

In order to better assist you, we would like to have the the following information:

1. Please share the exact gpupdate /force error message, or a screenshot of it.

2. Please clear your Group Policy event logs, reproduce the issue, then export these logs.

1. Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft* > Windows* > GroupPolicy > Operational

3. Please download and run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility on one of these computers (or both). Run the scan selecting "Everything." Save this report and upload.

To enable attachments, make sure to select the option to "use advanced editor" while replying.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
CvanG
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

I am on a trip at the moment and will be back next week. I will do what you asked then and come back to you.

Is that ok?

Regards,

Cyril

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Cyril,

That's perfectly ok. We'll take a look at the information once you're able to provide it.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
Lvand
Beginner

Hi,

I've got the same problem.

What can I do?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Larissa,

Just to make sure we get all the details correct:

- Are you also able to update using Ethernet but not wireless?

- Do you have any other system which do allow you to update your group policy via wireless?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Cyril, Larissa,

We haven't heard back from you in a while.

Has the issue been resolved?

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
CvanG
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

No not yet been resolved. I have sent log files and other items to the intel tech department by their request today. They are looking into it at the moment.

If I hear something back from them I will let you know

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Cyril,

Hadn't realized that you engaged your local Intel® support. We'll look up the case and will make sure to follow that one as well.

Once you're able to resolve the issue, please feel free to share any helpful info with the community.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
CvanG
Beginner

Hi Carlos,

This is the casenumber: Case # : 03082558 [ ref:_00DU0YT3c._5000PdgeqV:ref ]

0 Kudos
Lvand
Beginner

Hi,

I'm able to use ethernet and other devices work fine on the wifi network.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Larissa,

Please provide us the following:

1. Please share a screenshot of the gpupdate /force error message.

2. Please clear your Group Policy event logs, reproduce the issue, then export these logs.

1. Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft* > Windows* > GroupPolicy > Operational

3. You report that other machines don't have the same issue, which wireless adapters do these computer have?

4. What is the brand and model of your wireless access points?

5. Where you able to update your group policy via wireless with the Intel® adapters before (using an older or OEM driver version, for example)?

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos