Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Black screen while installing Intel HD Graphics 530 drivers

OSkal
Beginner

Hello!

I was using my computer normally and then it suddenly crashed, when I tried to reboot it I got a black screen right after the "acer" logo during boot. So, I tried uninstalling my graphics drivers in safe mode and reinstalling them. problem: each time I try to install the Intel HD Graphics 530 drivers, my screen goes black again before the installation even finish.

I have an Acer Aspire V5-591G-74MI with a NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 950M (which I think works fine if installed alone) and an Intel HD Graphics 530, running on Windows 10 64 bits.

For the drivers, I tried using the customized drivers from the acer website as well as the generic intel drivers. I also tried installing the intel drivers before and after the NVIDIA ones.

I've been struggling with this problem for the past day and I am using the Microsoft Basic Display Driver in the meantime. Do any of you have a solution?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello wantzel,

Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support. I will be more than happy to help you.

I understand that you are having issues with the installation of the driver for the Intel® HD Graphics 530 controller.

According to the issues that you are describing, I see that it is very likely that there is a hardware issue, specifically because you are having the same results with the driver provided by the computer manufacturer.

However, there might be something we can try. To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:
  1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).
  4. Attach the file to this thread
To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" on the upper right hand corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello wantzel,

I was checking your case and would like to know if you need further assistance. If so, please do not hesitate in replying back.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos