Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20495 Discussions

Asus Windows 10 laptop with Intel HD Graphics 620: screen flickering issues

DBaut1
Beginner

I have an Asus Laptop with Windows 10. It has Intel HD Graphics 620 and Nivida Geforce. It has screen flickering issues and I don't know why. Both drivers are updated. I'm attaching system info.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello DavidBautista,

Thank you for reaching the Intel Communities. I understand you would like to run your system without flickering and we can certainly check on this problem to look for a possible solution!

In this case, I would like to check some data:

• When is the flickering present?
  • Is it started by a program? If so, which program?
  • Is it started by a game? If so, what is the name?
  • Do you have flickering when there are no programs running on the system?
  • With no programs opened, is the flickering present on the task manager?

Also, you can update the driver to use this generic version, please test it and let me know how it goes.: http://intel.ly/2z2RYw7 http://intel.ly/2z2RYw7

If you have issues while installing the driver, please follow these steps to install it:

1. Extract the .zip file downloaded

2. Access the device manager and look for display adapters (double-click on it, you should be able to see an Intel(R) HD Graphics adapter or Microsoft Basic Display Adapter")

3. Right-click and select update driver for Intel HD Graphics

4. Select "Browse my computer for driver software"

5. Select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

6. Click on "Have Disk" and find the extracted folder of the driver downloaded

7. Go to "Graphics" folder within driver folder and select the **igdlh64.inf** file and hit open then ok

8. Select Intel HD Graphics XXX under "model" and hit next

Thanks,

Esteban C
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

DavidBautista,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
DBaut1
Beginner

Hello. The problem only appears when the laptop is running on battery. When it's connected to the electricity the screen flickering stops and the screen works good. I think it's a setup thing regarding to battery option. Thanks for your further help.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for that information.

Have you contacted ASUS regarding this behavior? Based on it, it could be hardware matter and the best thing to do will have one of their support agents to take a look.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos