Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel centrino wireless-n 2230 keeps dropping connection under Windows 10 64bits

MNoll1
Novice

Hi,

I´m using a Lenovo E530 laptop, which came initially with Win7 64bits. Some days ago I updated to Windows 10 64bits. Since than I got problems with my Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 component. When I start up my laptop it recognizes my wireless network and connects to it. Without doing anything the Intel component drops the connection within the first 5 minutes. Afterwards it I cannot be reactivated, without restarting the computer.

If I try to connect to a page like Google during the 1st 5 minutes the Intel chip drops the connection immediately.

One more detail: in the device manager the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 component initially is indicated as working properly. After dropping the connection it says, that no device driver is installed for it at all.

I searched the Intel page for a device driver for Windows 10 64bits, but found only one for Windows8.1 64bits, which I installed.

1) Does anyone how to help me

2) Is a Windows 10 driver in preparation ?

Kind regards, Michael

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MNoll1
Novice

Hi folks,

I finally found a solution for my problem.

As I read that fiddeling around with other than Microsoft driver for Windows 10 64 bit would not do any good I decided to roll back my Intel driver installation I did previously.

So here is what I did:

1) is disabled the Bluetooth and the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 in the device manager, afterwards I rebotted the laptop

2) I removed the both components of the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card namely the Bluetooth device and the Wifi card from the device manager (control panel), I booted once again.

3) I removed power supply, battery and opened the back of the laptop in order to pysically remove the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card, which is connected by a screw and to clickable cables.

4) I closed the back, moved the battery in and connected the power cable. I started my laptop. Windows detected that both Bluetooth device and Wifi-Card were not present in the laptap.

5) I turned the laptop off, remove power connection, battery and back cover. I plugged the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card in once more, fixed the screw and the two antenna cables, closed

the back cover, connected battery and power connector.

6) I started up the laptop for the last time, Microsoft detected the Bluetooth device and the Wifi card, for both it installed the drivers, both devices got enabled.

7) I made connection to my router via wireless network, it came up and stays since that stable all the time.

I like to recommend this procedure only to folks which know what they do. In my case it was easy to reach the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card, but if it is not so obvious you have to dig in the

documentation of your laptop providing company. For Dell I know pretty good that there DO exist step-by-step manuals to remove whatever component of theirlaptops and bring it in afterwards again.

Good luck and kind regards, Michael

View solution in original post

9 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Michael.Noll

The drivers for the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 are supported by Windows*10 inbox drivers version 15.16.0.2. Our first recommendation would be to contact Lenovo* to check if they have any updates that might help you resolve this issue. In the meantime, you are welcome to try our solutions provided in the links below.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-030709.htm?wapkw=wifi+recommended+settings Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-025332.htm Intel® Wi-Fi Products — Resolving Wi-Fi Network Connection Issues

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/sb/CS-029893.htm Wireless Networking — Frequently Asked Questions - Wi-Fi

VRedd4
Beginner

I am also experiencing exactly the same problem with my intel centrino wireless N 2230 driver on my Dell inspiron 14z after upgrading to windows 10.

Please advise steps to resolve issue

0 Kudos
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

doctor,

As informed previously, the drivers for this adapter is provided by Windows*10. The most recent drivers found in our support page are Windows 8.1 compliant. You are welcome to try them but, please be advised that it may not work. For your convenience, here are the link to the drivers: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25276/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-8-1- Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software for Windows 8.1*.

0 Kudos
GOwen1
Beginner

I have exactly the same issue with a Dell Inspiron 17 with N2230 wifi.

The wifi keeps dropping out, It will work for a few minutes ( occasionally longer ) and then just disconnect,

There are numerous entries in the Windows event log stating

"The network interface "Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.

Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.

This network interface has reset xx time(s) since it was last initialized."

This particular computer had no issues at all with Windows 7, this is only an issue since I upgraded it to Windows 10.

I have tried numerous times, to uninstall and reinstall all the related drivers, and no joy.

NOTE: I have NOT installed any specific Intel drivers since the Upgrade to windows 10,

0 Kudos
VRedd4
Beginner

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19646507 http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/network-internet-wireless/f/3324/t/19646507

Saw the above link at a dell forum.. could be a potential solution, to install older driver version .. will give it a try soon

Post up result if anyone tries this

0 Kudos
MNoll1
Novice

Hi folks,

I finally found a solution for my problem.

As I read that fiddeling around with other than Microsoft driver for Windows 10 64 bit would not do any good I decided to roll back my Intel driver installation I did previously.

So here is what I did:

1) is disabled the Bluetooth and the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 in the device manager, afterwards I rebotted the laptop

2) I removed the both components of the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card namely the Bluetooth device and the Wifi card from the device manager (control panel), I booted once again.

3) I removed power supply, battery and opened the back of the laptop in order to pysically remove the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card, which is connected by a screw and to clickable cables.

4) I closed the back, moved the battery in and connected the power cable. I started my laptop. Windows detected that both Bluetooth device and Wifi-Card were not present in the laptap.

5) I turned the laptop off, remove power connection, battery and back cover. I plugged the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card in once more, fixed the screw and the two antenna cables, closed

the back cover, connected battery and power connector.

6) I started up the laptop for the last time, Microsoft detected the Bluetooth device and the Wifi card, for both it installed the drivers, both devices got enabled.

7) I made connection to my router via wireless network, it came up and stays since that stable all the time.

I like to recommend this procedure only to folks which know what they do. In my case it was easy to reach the Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 card, but if it is not so obvious you have to dig in the

documentation of your laptop providing company. For Dell I know pretty good that there DO exist step-by-step manuals to remove whatever component of theirlaptops and bring it in afterwards again.

Good luck and kind regards, Michael

CEric
Beginner

I found an easier solution.

Go to Network Connections, right click on the Wi-Fi connection and select Properties.

Select Configure, then select the Driver tab.

Uninstall the driver, then select Update Driver and let it search automatically.

Reboot once the driver is installed.

It worked for me. Hope it works for you, too.

0 Kudos
EPalm3
Beginner

Hi Folks

I am also experiencing exactly the same problem with my intel centrino wireless N 2230 driver on my Asus N56Vb 64 bits after upgrading to windows 10.

Please advise steps to resolve

0 Kudos
HCam
Beginner

hello

I Have a Dell Inspiron 14z, after upgrade to windows 10 my wifi drop frequently, how can I receive properly drivers for the intel centrino wireless N2230?

In the thread say something about the inbox driver ..my laptop is 64 bits

Thanks

0 Kudos