Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel Realsense Camera DCM says 0.0b available

BAllo
Beginner

I wanted to use the new Windows Hello feature, but when I try to install the DCM it says 0.0b available and wont let me continue. I have 550 GBs free on my hard drive. What is happening.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jorge_I_Intel
Employee

Do you have an external camera or built-in?

If it is built in, what is the OEM and model?

Also, did you upgrade to Windows 10 or did you do a fresh install?

And last question, did you try to change the default location for the installation?

J

0 Kudos
WGill
Beginner

I have the same issue. Creative F200. I don't have a fresh install of Windows 10, but the older versions installed just fine. I have 100 Gigs free, but installer shows 0.0B free. It's a 500Gb SSD single C: drive installing to default location... nothing fancy.

0 Kudos
Jorge_I_Intel
Employee

Looks like there is a workaround in the developers forum. Please check this thread: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/564292 https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/564292

Quoting the best reply:

-----------

installer for DCM 1.4 definitely has a bug, but for anyone else running into this problem, I found a workaround to get it installed.

1. Run intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.32425.exe
  2. The installer will extract it's contents to your temporary files folder. The path for mine was:

C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\{91d07afa-21fa-4833-8f8f-38f014d1d35f}

The last part of the path is random, so just find it by sorting by the Last Modified column.
  3. Inside that directory, navigate to /Plugins/FWUpdateF200.
  4. Open an administrative command prompt window and run the following:

FWUpdateF200.exe /oemId:0

This will update your camera's firmware.
  5. Now enter the following command to go to the installations directory:

cd ../../installs
  6. For every .msi file in that directory that starts with "intel_rs_sdk_runtime", run the following command:

[FILE].msi EXTERNALUI=PSET

Complicated, but it worked for me. Good luck!

--------

Try it and let us know.

Jorge

0 Kudos
Jorge_I_Intel
Employee

Something else to try:

Remove manually file C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSDCM and try performing installation again.

Jorge

0 Kudos
JGoul
Beginner

I found the RSDCM folder in the x86 folder was a 0 byte file instead of a folder, deleting it fixed it. Installer should probably look for this.

0 Kudos