Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

What is the hex string of Intel HD P4600 integrated graphics?

SKurt
Beginner

Simcity 4 Directx mode won't work because the game's graphics card compatibility list (Graphics Rules.sgr) requires a hex string to add a new entry as per http://community.simtropolis.com/forums/topic/33931-how-to-configure-sc4-to-work-with-your-new-hardware/ this guide, which Intel graphics P4600 doesn't have because its integrated, not a discrete card. I have to use software rendering, which works well because the Xeon E3 1225 is such a great CPU, but I can't use mods with HD textures, that requires editing Grahics Rules.sgr, which I can't do because there's no hex string assigned to integrated graphics. Is there a hex string that just won't show up in System Information? If so, what is it? If not, is there a way to trick the game by emulating a discrete card that does have one?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

On Intel side, this information is not available through this channel of support. I would recommend waiting for other community member that may have experienced same issue give you details about this matter.

Allan.

0 Kudos