Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel graphics 2000. After upgrade to windows 10: error message about OpenGl 1.3

EBouw
Beginner

hi, I have desktop with intel I7-2600, intel graphics 2000. After upgrade to windows 10 I get a message when I start Garmin Basecamp: OpenGL 1.3 not supported by driver. Who can help me to get rid of this message?

Kind regards,

Erik Bouwman

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

The support for Windows 10 will begin from Intel(R) graphics third generation and newer series. The Intel® HD Graphics 2000 does not have driver support for windows 10.

See here for supported operating system:

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

Allan.

0 Kudos
EBouw
Beginner

Thanks for your answer, Allan.

Does this mean there is no solution for this issue, or will there be driver support later in time?

Don't hope my 4 year old desktop is out of date for using windows 10.

Kind regards,

Erik

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I understand that Intel does not have plans to develop Windows 10 graphics drivers for your graphics controller. My recommendation would be to go back to your previous operating system version if you need OpenGL 3.1.

Allan.

0 Kudos
EBouw
Beginner

thanks Allen,

other option would be to install a (simple) graphics card, or won't that solve my problem?

I use the PC for photoshop and editing family videos.

Kind regards,

Erik

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Yes, it there are empty PCI Express slots on your computer, you can add an external video card, just need to make sure your computer meets video card requirements.

Allan.

0 Kudos
ASeun
Beginner

Hello Allan,

My search brought me to this thread, I have exactly the same issue as the original poster.

Could you elaborate a bit more about your last comment: "make sure your computer meets video card requirements"

My HP PC has some slots and I even have an old Video card although I'm not very fond of it.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

0 Kudos