Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Some problems about The Realsense R200 in outdoor!

王王江山
Beginner

Hello, recently with the R200, mainly to be used outdoors, but in outdoor I can not get the depth map, why? Someone said to open the automatic exposure,but how do i open it? please someone help me,thank you very much.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello mwjsountain,

Thanks for reaching out!

First of all I would like to ask you if you have updated your PC's DCM version to the latest. In case you haven't, you can download it from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager.

I would like to ask you if this issue also appears indoors. In case it doesn't, this issue is probably related to brightness, too much brightness can cause this behavior.

I hope this helps.

-Peter.
0 Kudos
王王江山
Beginner

Hello Peter,

Thank you very much for your answer!

There is no problem indoors,can be used normally。but i can not get the depth picture in outdoor,you know i bought this product mainly for using it in outdoor and i learn from the product introduction that R200 can be used in outdoor。what am i supposed to do about that?

Thanks for your help。

——wjsmountain。

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I understand, in locations where there is too much brightness this behavior is expected. This is especially usual this time of year, when the snow increases the brightness in the landscape (I don't know if you live in a snowy zone but if you do, this might affect you). So, my best suggestion in this case is to look for a "shadowy" place or somewhere with less brightness.

I hope this helps.

-Peter.
0 Kudos