Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

HDMI port won't work on Polaroid TV, is it a graphics driver issue? (Intel (R) HD Graphics 5500)

idata
Employee

HDMI port doesn't work with this tv; Polaroid TV works fine with the same hdmi cable plugged into a Chromebox, but I'm getting no signal when I try my dell laptop. I updated the graphics driver to version 20.19.15.4463 but it didn't change, and I tried restarting as well. Nothing changes with Duplicate or Extend (F8) (running Windows 10 Home). I notice though that I don't have a graphics accelerator under device manager > display adapters, could that be a problem? And I right click desktop -> graphics properties -> Display -> Multiple Displays -> the only option I get is single display. What is wrong?

Thanks.

Josh

update: This is on a Dell Inspiron 7348, by the way.

update 2: 64 bit.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Joshua123,

Could you please let me know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Have you tested a different TV?

Have tried with a different HDMI cable?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/109437 Joshua123, were you able to follow the suggestion mentioned above? Does the issue persist?

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos