Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Cannot uninstall Realsense DCM

idata
Employee

Camera stopped working with Windows Hello feature so I wanted to reinstall drivers. While Intel Depth Camera Manager was uninstalling, my internet disconnected and some errors appeared. I've reconnected to the internet and rebooted my computer and tried to run the uninstaller once again. This time the screen appeared for a couple of seconds and disappeared. It happens every time I try to uninstall any of Realsense programs in my programs list. Is there any possible way to uninstall it?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi GG25,

Thank you for contacting us.

That's a weird issue, you can try to uninstall it using the command line with the following command: setup.exe --silent --no-progress --fremove=all.

Remember that you have to run it in the same folder where installer package is.

Let me know if it works.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Leonardo

Thank you for your answer.

Could you provide me with more details on how to use that command line? I feel like I need step-by-step instruction because I have never used such command lines. By 'installer package' you mean newly downloaded driver or some installer which is already on my computer. If yes, then where am I supposed to look for it? Thanks again for your response.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi GG25,

The installer package is the executable that you downloaded to install the driver. So these are the steps that you have to follow:

1. Go to the folder where you have downloaded the installer from our website and press the key SHIFT and RIGHT-CLICK anywhere, there should be the option "Open command window here".

2. Now run the command that I gave you in the command window: setup.exe --silent --no-progress --fremove=all. You have to change the name setup for the name of the installer.

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

-Leonardo
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately it did not work. Command was fine and some process was definitely running in the background, but still it is ineffective. Do you have any ideas?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi GG25,

Let us investigate more about it. I'll let you know when we have updates.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

-Leonardo
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello GG25,

Since you are trying to use Windows Hello I assume you are using an F200 or SR300 camera. You can uninstall the Depth Camera Manager by going to Device Manager -> Imaging Devices and right click on Intel RealSense Depth node and select "Uninstall." If the driver is successfully uninstalled you will not see the Virtual Driver node in Device Manager and you will not see Depth Camera Manager in Programs and Features.

If you want to reinstall the Depth Camera Manager after uninstallation, right-click on the Depth node again and select "Update Driver Software..." and click "Search automatically for updated driver software." The driver should get installed again through Windows Update.

Best Regards,

Jesus Garcia

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Jesus

That solved the problem. Windows Hello works fine now.

Than you for your support.

Best Regards

GG25

0 Kudos