Items with no label
3335 Discussions

R200, Depth Stream Quality Problem

GGrég
Novice

Hi,

I have a strange deph stream quality on one of my R200 camera.

I found a post from "Alis" who seems to get the same trouble than me :

Does anyone solve this trouble ?

here is a screen camparaison of my 2 R200 camera :

Seems to me to be an Hardware issue... I did a full reinstall of the DCM on the camera.

Any Helps ?

Work on GTX970 W10 i7

Thks

5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Gregou,

Thank you for interest in the Intel® RealSense™ Technology.

As you mentioned, there is always the chance of encountering a hardware issue. But before thinking of replacing your camera, I would recommend undergoing a camera calibration. There have been costumers who used the tools provided here http://wiki.ros.org/camera_calibration for their R200 camera.

In order to provide better assistance I think it would be helpful if you share how long you have been experiencing the issue and if there was a particular task you were performing when you noticed the issue.

If you think there is any additional information that may help us find out what is wrong with your camera, please let us know in your reply.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
GGrég
Novice

Hi Andres,

The issue appear at first camera use (I bought 2 R200 cam, one is correct, the other not...).So I didn't do anything else than update DCM of both cameras.I try the camera calibration tools without any sucess.

Thanks for any help,

Best,

Grégory

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Gregou,

Did you tried the Intel RealSense Camera Calibrator for Windows ( https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24958/Intel-RealSense-Camera-Calibrator-for-Windows-)? Or did you tried the ROS calibration tool? Either way, you should try both before we can establish that your issue is hardware related.

If you experienced a hardware issue the first time you used your camera, it may imply a defective product, that's why I emphasize in using the calibration tools before we have to undergo a refund/replacement process.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos
GGrég
Novice

Hi Andres,

Everythings is ok after running the windows calibration tools !...

Thanks a lot for your help !

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Gregou,

You are welcome.

I'm glad you could solve the issue, thank you for sharing your experience with the community.

Regards,

Andres
0 Kudos