Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Unable to capture hair using R200

idata
Employee

Hi,

I had tried capturing 3D Human Body using the Sample 3D Scan code given in C# . The whole capture works fine, but hair part is not being captured. Do we need to change any settings for this capture to work or is this any limitation of R200?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi Rahulkat,

Thanks for your interest in the Realsense Platform.

I have just tested the 3D scan sample, in the Scanning Area I selected body and I did a successful 3D Body Scan and the hair was captured.

Maybe you are placing the camera at a distance that it can't detect the hair, I leave this guide here since it might be useful https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_scan_body_scanning.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R2 Documentation .

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Rahulkat,

Thanks for your interest in the Realsense Platform.

I have just tested the 3D scan sample, in the Scanning Area I selected body and I did a successful 3D Body Scan and the hair was captured.

Maybe you are placing the camera at a distance that it can't detect the hair, I leave this guide here since it might be useful https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_scan_body_scanning.html Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2016 R2 Documentation .

I will be waiting for your reply, have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the reply!

I had check this again and the problem was with the light. As the capture quality was good, I was under the impression that there is sufficient light. After going through documentation, I had checked with better light and it worked fine.

Thanks once again!!

Regards,

Rahul

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Rahul,

Always happy to help! If you have any more questions, please don't hesistate to contact us.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

-Jose.
0 Kudos