Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Camera not working after upgrading to Win10 Pro

aandr301
Beginner

I just bought an Acer V Nitro 17 which has the built in Realsense 3D camera. This system came with Windows 10 Home and the camera worked fine. Then I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro and now the camera can't even be foundon the system.

What can I do to get the camera to work again>

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello captainmorgan,

Thanks for reaching out!

The behavior you describe is a common issue. Windows 10 updates/upgrades can mess up the camera drivers installed prior to them. Hopefully the issue is minor and can be resolved quickly. However, there is some information I'd like you to share:

1. Which camera do you have?

2. Could you please send us the system information file of your computer? To generate this file, please press on your keyboard WinLogo + r, then enter msinfo32, then click on File >> Export.

3. Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

4. Have you updated your PC's USB 3.0 drivers? In case you haven't, please go to your PC's manufacturer website and download/install the latest USB 3.0 driver.

What we can try right now is to uninstall all versions of DCM (Depth Camera Manager) and then install the latest version of DCM for your camera manually. To do so, please follow these steps:

1. Open "Control Panel". In case you don't know how, you can follow the steps in http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/7-ways-to-open-control-panel-in-windows-10.html

2. If the Control Panel has its view set by category, you should see an option called Programs, right below it will be an option called Uninstall a program, click on it. If the Control Panel has its view set by either large or small icons, you should see an option called Programs and Features, click on it.

3. Look for a program called Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager and uninstall all versions of it.

4. Download the latest version of Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager for your camera from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25044/Intel-RealSense-Depth-Camera-Manager.

5. Install this software and let us know if the camera is now functional

If you receive any error messages, please collect all the installation logs from these directories:

• %temp%\micl_tmp_%username%

• %windir%\Temp\micl_tmp_SYSTEM

• %windir%\INF\setupapi.*

Please note that:

The %TEMP% path is typically, "C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Temp."

The %windir% path is typically "C:\Windows".

Let us know how it goes.

-Peter.
0 Kudos
aandr301
Beginner

1. According to my Device Manager, I have the SR300 camera

2.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1TMvVxqpfWdNVc4cG55VWpYZXM/view?usp=sharing sysinfo.txt - Google Drive

3. I've tried removing the device from device manager and restarting my computer

4. There are no USB 3 drivers for my laptop on the Acer website

I uninstalled the Depth Camera Manager and attepmted to reinstall. I got the error "The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated."

None of those log files you mention exist.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello captainmorgan,

I understand, in this case our last option is to try installing a previous version of Windows 10, for example, build 10240. If this is possible for you, please try it and let us know how it goes. If you are not able to do so or if it fails to help, then our best suggestion is that you contact your PC's manufacturer for further help.

Let us know.

-Peter.
0 Kudos