Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Display port - resolution

OAxel
Beginner

Hi!

I have problem to set correct resolution on two screens (1920x1080). I'm using a Mobile Intel® QM57 Express Chipset, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz, Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. ver 5.1.2600. See attached documents for more information. According to the datasheet: Intel(R) HD Graphics : DisplayPort* interface with up to 2560 x 1600 resolution.

Current setup:

Two vga monitors are connected to the computer. One is connected to the vga port and the other is connected to a displayport to vga adapter (the displayport to vga adapter supports 1920x1080).

The problem is to set the resolution on both screens to 1920x1080. So the question is: how to set the resolution to 1920x1080 on both screens? Do I need to update the Graphic firmware, the chipset or does it not support 1920x1080 on two screens?

I have tried to set custom resolution with no success. I have tried to download firmware to the Intel HD graphic with no success.

The current working resolutions are:

VGA port resolution: 1920x1080

DP to VGA resolution: 1024x768

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Olle

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the community.

I see you are connecting second monitor via DP to VGA cable and you are only getting 1024*768 screen resolution.

Please bear in mind some resolutions are not available for certain connection types. The connector you are using can also dictate the resolutions that work with your devices.

In order for all supported resolutions to be available, the monitor drivers need to be loaded, to check this, go to "Device Manager" and click on "Monitors". If it states "Plug and Play Monitor", then the drivers are not installed. In that case, contact the monitor manufacturer in order to obtain the .INF file to install the driver. Once you have the .INF, right-click on "Plug and Play Monitor", choose "Update Driver", and refer to the monitor's .INF file.

For additional information about video cable adapters, visit: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033418.htm http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033418.htm

Allan.

OAxel
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. I tested the DP to VGA adapter on another computer and it delivered correct resolution 1920x1080. Maybe the actual computer does not support the current adapter. Do you know any DP adapter compatible with this computer (Intel® QM57 Express Chipset, Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz, Intel(R) HD Graphics, Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 3. ver 5.1.2600)?

Regards Olle
0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for coming back to the community. I am afraid Intel does not have a list of supported video adapters. I recommend checking with your laptop manufacturer for compatible products.

Allan.

0 Kudos