Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7441 Discussions

Intel Wireless N 7265 - Windows 10 - Adapter keeps failing

anoc1
Beginner

Hello,

I have a new Lenovo T450 laptop with windows 10 and an Intel Wireless N 7265 adapter. The adapter keeps failing all the time with this message in event viewer:

"Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7265 : Has determined that the network adapter is not functioning properly."

I have tried the drivers the came with the laptop and I have also tried the latest 18.40 drivers from Intel. I have also tried all the relevant recommendations in this thread:

I use my wifi to connect to a VPN to work, everytime my wifi goes down I have to redo the process to connect to the vpn and to all the other relevant tools so it's a big issue. If I use a lan cable I don't have an issue but it's not possible for me to be on a wired connection all the time.

Any other recommendations or help?

Thanks,

Astra.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello astranoc,

In this case, please make sure you tried the clean installation of your wireless driver, as suggested in the post from aleki_intel Apr 6, 2016 2:54 PM, .

If the issues persist after the driver installation, please apply the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking/000005544.html?wapkw=intel+wi-fi+recommended+settings Recommended Settings for 802.11n Connectivity

For additional assistance, please let us know the following details.

- What type of Router do you have? Is the firmware up to date?

- Have you checked if the issue happens in other WiFi networks?

- Do you see any issues if you are not using the VPN?

- Was the adapter built-in from factory in your PC?

0 Kudos