Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

No wifi or bluetooth with 7265 on GA-X99-UD4

LLex
Beginner

Hi,

I bought the Intel M.2 Adapter 7265 WiFi AC867, Bluetooth but it doesn't seem to find any wireless device.

Things I've done so far:

• Update bios to F20;
  • (Un)install drivers with and without the Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.4;
  • Troubleshooting in windows
  • Checking for driver updates in windows
  • Reinstalled the module.
  • Trying to fixthe issue with: ,

But it doesn't seem to help. When uninstalling, windows 10 keeps finding drivers and adding them.

I've an own setup where I use the GA-X99-UD4 motherboard.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello jource,

We would like to inform that Intel® Wireless 7265 adapters are not meant to be integrated into Desktop systems by end users. This would only be supported if the adapter came installed from factory by the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM).

- If the motherboard is not designed to use a Wireless adapter in the M.2 slot, it may not work well with this device.

- Additionally, motherboards and computer cases normally do not have the antennas that are needed in order to get Wireless connectivity.

- If you have a desktop system that did not come with built-in wireless, and you want to add an internal WiFi card, we would recommend an adapter that connects to a standard PCIe slot, such as the http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/wireless-products/dual-band-wireless-ac-7260-bluetooth-desktop.html Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 + Bluetooth* for Desktop.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello jource,

Please let us know if this information helped you to resolve your inquiry, or in case you need additional information.

0 Kudos
LLex
Beginner

Hi Jonathan,

What I found on the forum of http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?topic=16487.0 GA-X99-UD4 (rev. 1.0) - M2 Wifi Card , that it should be able to have this module working. However In found that i needed http://www.ebay.com/itm/U-FL-IPEX-IPX-I-PEX-MHF4-to-SMA-female-pin-0-81mm-cable-for-Router-Antenna-WiFi-/171651868955 U FL IPEX IPX I PEX MHF4 to SMA Female Pin 0 81mm Cable for Router Antenna WiFi | eBay for it to work. In theory this should work on the motherboard that I have.

I decided to not use the module and send it back to the vendor because I only need the bluetooth to work. A USB device is cheaper then buying the module and the cables needed.

Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello jource,

Thank you for the update. This is one of the issues you may find with custom integrations of Wireless adapters, since the antennas are required to get Wireless connectivity, however, they should be built-in from factory by the PC manufacturer.

We hope this can be helpful to other users in this situation as well.

0 Kudos