Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20598 Discussions

Windows* 8.1 Driver (32 & 64 bit) - Version 3316

NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Greetings everyone!

We have officially launched our latest driver supporting 3rd and 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD/Iris™ Graphics for Microsoft* Windows 8.1. The version is 3316 and is available at the following locations.

32-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23324&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23324/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_32.pdf here.

64-bit: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23323&lang=eng Download Center - Release notes http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23323/eng/ReleaseNotes_GFX_3316_64.pdf here.

Also; http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033838.htm Windows* 8/8.1 Graphics FAQ.

Since this is our first official driver to support Windows* 8.1 - we are very excited to hear your constructive feedback. We have a good track record with these feedback pages in the past though So feel free to continue contributing any/all constructive feedback here. Additionally, if there are issues that carried over from previous drivers that you are still experiencing, feel free to announce them again here.

I ask that you preface the feedback with a bolded heading so that it will be easier to identify, example: Control Panel: It would be cool if X was added. BUG: This application is now crashing and it didn't with the last driver!

I also ask that you keep focused on this specific driver. Any off-topic/off-driver/off-product comments will be promptly deleted! If you have any issues with installing the driver, or are unable to get to the driver download pages linked above, please submit those comments in an original thread. Also, please do not message me directly about issues with the driver, keep them in this thread - I will check it daily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-INFORMATION WE ARE COLLECTING-

EDIT: We are currently collecting the following information. For both users who have already posted here, as well as users who are going to post here, please provide the following information:

* Which error are you having? Code 43 or 31 (Other)?

* Do you have a 3rd party graphics card in your system? (aka Discrete Card, Add-On Graphics Card)

* If so, what is the make/model of that card?

* If so, what driver do you have installed for that card?

* What is the make/model of your system? (full model name please)

EDIT:

I've got a specific data call for users who meet all of the following criteria;

• Do not have a 3rd party graphics card installed in their system
  • Are experiencing either Code 31, Code 43, black screens
  • Have driver 3316 installed on Windows* 8.1

The data request is as such; We need to collect the complete 'System Driver' information from your system for investigation purposes. In order to provide us a copy of this information, follow these steps.

1. Start -> Run -> msinfo32
  2. Expand the 'Software Environment' section
  3. Select 'System Drivers'
  4. File -> Export -> Give the file a name
  5. Attach the file to a response here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you very much!

-Nic

0 Kudos
491 Replies
JWedm
Beginner

Hi,

I can not install the driver because my system say the driver is not valid for Windows 8.1. I use now driver version 10.18.10.3308 from 09.16.2013. By the way, WiDi works not too on my system maybe it is about the old driver?

I use an Asus Zenbook U32

Intel Core i7-3517U

Intel Centrino N-6235 with driver version 15.10.3.2 from 08.22.2013

Kind regards,

Jens

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi Jenswede,

Can you send me a screenshot of the error message? Also, have you tried installing the driver via the Manual Driver Installation method? http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-033916.htm Desktop graphics drivers — Have Disk Driver Install Steps For Microsoft Windows 8* & 8.1*

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
JWedm
Beginner

Yes I have tried. Computer say that i have installed latest version of driver.

Here a screenshot.

0 Kudos
FLame
Beginner

BUG

Good afternoon. The device is not functioning with this driver, and the error message I get is "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)."

I have a Toshiba Satellite P75-A7200.

It is running Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600.

Core i7 Processor.

I had downloaded this update earlier today a number of times on my own to no avail. I was also on the phone with Toshiba tech support for over two hours doing many many uninstall/reinstalls. Nothing worked. They were ready to do a full system restore and try again from scratch. I stopped short of that in hopes that something less drastic could fix the issue.

Primary problems here are inability to export to other monitors and some flickering on graphics intensive websites, especially those running Flash.

0 Kudos
AMozz
Beginner

Hello

On my Samsung Ativ Book 8 , I cant to manage brightness. Can you solve please.

Thanks

EApol
Beginner

I'm also having the same brigt problem. My backlight ajust is not working once I return of a sleep or hibernate status. I have a Samsung notebook. None of the things I saw solved my problem. I`m very unsatisfied with Windows 8.1 update and that very disturbing problem. Please I need a solution as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

BUG: external monitor hooked up through display port will not display.

Specs: Samsung Series 7 17.3"

i7-3615QM with HD 4000

8GB ram

Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit

Windows detects the monitor just fine and the intel graphics control panel detects the display as well. But nothing can be done to make anything display to the monitor.

Yesterday I uninstalled 3316 from the control panel, and uninstalled it from the device manager. Then upon reboot I installed the older 3165 drivers. This fixed the problem until windows update automatically upgraded my drivers. To stop this windows update must be set to not automatically install updates. However for now I have the external monitor working with the 3165 drivers

MANY users are having this problem and have started a thread /thread/45614?tstart=0 https://communities.intel.com/thread/45614?tstart=0

0 Kudos
CZ1
Beginner
/message/209159# 209159 BUG: Intel(R) Graphics HD 4000 Driver for Windows 8.1 (Not Working Properly)

I have an Asus K55A with an Intel core i5 processor.

I installed windows 8.1 today and now my graphics adapter's driver is crashed. I cannot view multiple monitors or adjust my screen resolution settings as it is defaulting to the default microsoft driver.

I have updated to Driver Version:

I still get this notice in the device manager:

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

Object Name not found.

Can anyone advise, as I MUST have multiple monitors for work.

Thanks

0 Kudos
DWahl2
Beginner

I have had the Code 31 error already on the 8.1 Preview with my AMD 7970 for a long time.

It appeared first time with Catalyst 13.10 beta and above.

Maybe it is WDDM related, some kind of conflict between the two graphic cards and the Intel loses, I don't know.

Anyway, now I wanted to install 8.1 final and realized that this issue is still not resolved.

My workaround is to use the 13.15.1 preview driver on my 8.1 Preview installation.

That one works fine for me with the 3316.

But I have no idea if the driver works also on 8.1 Final and could be used as a workaround for you guys with AMD cards and Code 31 on the Intel driver.

You can get it here if you want to try it and have an AMD card.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_Win8.1_Release_Preview-13.15.1.exe http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_Win8.1_Release_Preview-13.15.1.exe

0 Kudos
DSilv21
Beginner

Muito Complicado isso Aqui, não sei direito como fazer o meu site ficar tão bom quanto este https://fazerdinheiroonline.net.br/ganhar-dinheiro-na-internet/

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Hi,

I posted already in the other thread about this problem. Maybe it would help you to repeat my problem and solution also here.

BUG: I have intel DZ77GA-70K mother board and Intel 3770K processor and PC monitor attached to

Intel HDMI output and Sony TV attached to AMD HD 6450 HDMI output (using Catalyst driver). I used Windows 8 Pro with Media Center 64 bit and the above setting worked without problems with extended displays or using one or the other display. After updating to the Windows 8.1 the things first worked OK. However, after automatic updating to the driver 3116, the Intel Graphics still worked during the post, but the PC display , attached to its HDMI output turned black after entering into the Windows 8.1. When I reverted to the Sony AMD display as primary and entered the OS , the Intel driver reported problems, so I could not use the PC monitor.

SOLUTION: I began experimenting with older drivers and changing various BIOS video settings (enabling AMD card as primary etc.) and also with changing the AMD card, but at first to no avail. At last I set (using the second AMD card (HD 5450) in the motherboard BIOS the Intel graphics as primary and the option to enable the integrated graphics if primary and using automatic AMD drivers manually reverted to the driver 3165. The driver worked flawlessly and I could again use both monitors. Then I manually applied once again the driver 3116 and to my surprise it also worked flawlessly. It worked also when I reinstalled the first AMD graphic card. So basically in my case, this issue has been solved. Both monitors have worked flawlessly ever since. To my opinion, changing and experimenting with the motherboard BIOS video settings and the manual application of the Intel drivers were crucial to this solution. Of course, changing the motherboard BIOS video settings would be different on different computers, so this solution is not directly applicable to other computers.

0 Kudos
FLame
Beginner

UPDATE

So, I installed the Intel 4600 driver dated 06-07 on the Toshiba manufacturer website for my computer. It worked! I am no longer getting an error message and was able to seamlessly export video to my tv. I am also able to adjust my resolution easily and the rest is all working fine too for the first time since the update to 8.1. I anticipate a newer driver that will actually be compatible at some point, but for now, this will hopefully work. The driver specs for those that wish to follow suit:

It is dated 5/7/2013.

9.18.10.3165 is the number. I'm sure you can find it somewhere on the Intel website.

Thanks! I'll be keeping tabs to see when something newer becomes available.

0 Kudos
VSeve
Novice

Flameiro123,

in my case, and after installing the driver 3165, which worked OK, I reinstalled again manually (with the package in the Intel Download Center) the newest driver 3116 and it has been working flawlessly. So it seems that there is basically nothing wrong with it, only the automatic updating process was obviously doing something inappropriately. Maybe you should also try to reinstall this driver, so you don't have to worry about automatic

updating of the driver in Windows Update. After all, you know now that you can always revert back to the working 3165 driver.

0 Kudos
PLe_F
Novice

Operating an HP Pavilion 15-e030 and after migration to Windows 8.1 got BUG black blinking screen after restart. Started in Safe Mode, disable Intel Graphic driver, boot again and checked driver's version using Intel discovery tool to get confirmed 10.18.10.3316 installed. Tried to manually re-install but no improvement, same problem with black screen blinking when Intel driver enable. Seems many others facing similar problem, wishing to get a sustainable fix without having to rollback to older driver.

Message was edited by: Patrick Le Fevre&# 13; Contacted HP Support in Sweden and they have no clue about such problem! Suggested to update BIOS (Done), Chipset (Done), to rollback AMD graphic driver to 2013-04-11 version (Done) without any improvement. Next step suggested is to rollback Intel Driver to version 9.18.10.3186 (I'll test tonight).

JBrec
Novice

BUG STILL NOT FUNCTIONING!!!

Self built PC with i5 3rd gen, with HD 4000, prior to win 8.1 functioning perfectly. Now my 2nd and 3rd monitors are not working. Thiis is after a clean install of windows 8.1.

Downloaded the driver from the top of this page, it went through installation just fine asked for reboot, rebooted machine, cam back up, and monitors still not working, so this is what I found in device manager this time.

So I did as I was told, and restarted again, remember second time it told me to reboot. Now I have this again, so no luck for me.

I rely on my second and third monitors, sure would like to have them functioning again, thanks.

MSchm21
Valued Contributor I

By using the CustomModeApp.exe in graphics folder.

0 Kudos
FLame
Beginner

Tried to install newest driver again, still not working. Sticking with the older one for now. I'll just fight off the windows updates when they happen.

0 Kudos
RShan4
Beginner

I have the exact same issue on a similar Dell Vostro 470S, I7 processor (sandy bridge). So the strange this is that I get the caution error on the device manager after rebooting as well but also the primary monitor (Dell 24inch) keeps reverting back to the generic pnp monitor. It also tries to start on the primary screen then shuts off and moves to the second analog screen.

We then go through the motions and extend the desktop and then move all the icons back to the primary screen. annoying that this happens each time after a start up and that my user goes through this. She is mad at me as I made her the guinea on my domain to upgrade her windows 8 first and now starting up takes her an extra 5mins.

0 Kudos
NICHOLAS_F_Intel
Employee

Hi everyone,

We have a newer feedback thread available to post in. The link for it is here;

Please continue our discussion there! I am locking this thread as well.

Thanks,

-Nic

0 Kudos
SVirt
Beginner

Hello. How can i setup custom resolution with this driver version (or any driver that uses this new layout)?

0 Kudos