Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

Intel Wireless N-135 constant disconnects

ZWell
Beginner

Hi there,

I've been having numerous issues with my wireless adapter lately. Whenever I try to access a network it will connect for a few minutes, then stop working and give me the "limited connectivity" error. When I run the troubleshooter, I usually get the message "the default gateway is not available" and that makes it work for a few minutes but it does the same thing again.

I've tried to uninstall my wireless drivers but it doesn't give me the option to actually delete it, just uninstall. This usually makes it work for a little while longer but I still get the same issue.

I've also tried to update my drivers but they are current. My specs are:

MSi CX-61

i5-3230M processor

Nvidia GeForce 730M/ 2GB DDR3

6GB DDRIII(L) RAM

Intel Centrino Wireless N-135 adapter

Windows 8 (just upgraded it to 8.1) x64bit

Thank you.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

It is very possible that your system has a Microsoft* driver since we do not have a driver for Windows* 8.1 at this time. Besides checking with them there are other recommendations below you may give a try.

Based on the message you get, it is also a good idea to determine if this is happening with other computers or only this one; it is always recommended to restart modem / router once in a while.

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/4965agn/sb/CS-028449.htm Wireless Networking; How do I improve my 802.11n wireless performance?

http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/CS-006321.htm Intel� Wi-Fi Products; Access Point (AP) firmware updates may resolve wireless network issues

0 Kudos
DCanh
Beginner

I have exactly the same problem

Intel N135 constantly disconnects with the same messages when troubleshooting.

It has a microsoft driver.

I have tried installing intels software but the microsoft driver stays and the problems continue.

All my other wifi gadgets and computers run fine.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Windows* 8.1 will be supported on this adapter. In the meantime you may contact Microsoft* for further assistance with the inbox driver.

0 Kudos