Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Postrino 6235 unable to update drivers

JB26
New Contributor I

I am unable to install the new Postrino 6235 WiFi drivers for Windows 8 even after uninstalling everything. I believe it has to do with the fact Intel had me

try to install some monitoring program and that failed and then whoever was helping me with setting it up basically said tough luck and disappeared. Although those actions I am not surprised since he was an Intel Employee.

However I would love it if someone at Intel could fix whatever the heck he did so I can try to install the latest drivers to have a usable laptop before 2 years has passed!!

I know it has only been a WHOLE year since Intel has been working on the issue but I am not holding my breath you guys will pull your heads out of your rear and fix the issue before the 2nd year is over.

Thank you and good day.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Boz, the issue you have was not caused by the tool we provided to you; we have successfully used such tool with many other customers without any issues.

You have previously reported installation issues that nobody else has, and prior the installation of such tool, which make us believe you have a corruption in your operating system.

0 Kudos
JB26
New Contributor I

joe_intel wrote:

Boz, the issue you have was not caused by the tool we provided to you; we have successfully used such tool with many other customers without any issues.

You have previously reported installation issues that nobody else has, and prior the installation of such tool, which make us believe you have a corruption in your operating system.

Joe,

Then provide me details of how to remove the tool since it is still on my system. Also there was no corruption of the system as it was a fresh laptop when the tool was tried. There are other people with error 10 installation issues, however you make it nearly impossible to create an account in Intel communities to report the issue. I believe you would want to talk to Samsung when it was their repair manager has said they have numerous Intel issues with the Centrino line of adapters.

As a reminder it has been over a year and you still have not made the Centrino 6235 stable.

Thank you Joe for not answering any question posed to you from users of Intel Centrino hardware other than to say it is not Intel's fault. I am sure you must be a valuable member of the Intel team.

0 Kudos
IKemp
Beginner

Is this error -10 related to Samsung update center? If yes, then I can say that first time wifi update I tried to do in May did not go well either. I tried like 5-7 times with different stuff: reboot before, turn off wifi while the installation was going etc and somehow it went through.

With the latest driver update I get that error -10 as well, but for notes if I try avoiding samsung update center then drivers install without problems. I can download drivers from intel page or just to go to device manager -> wifi -> drivers -> update and it will get updated.

As a warning I still have problems with latest drivers (using samsung chronos 7 laptop). Still have ping drop and I can't change device manager -> wifi -> advanced -> wireless mode -> "g" only (third selection). Windows 8 gets that sadface BSOD with message "driver_corrupted_expool". For notes with drivers from March I can change to "g", reconnect wifi and I do not have ping drops. I have a strong gut feeling that those ping drops are related to other people total network loss aka wifi gets disconnected.

You can test ping drop by pinging your default gateway.

command prompt: ipconfig

command prompt: ping -l 2048 -n 500 192.168.1.1

If I am in a/b/g mode (current driver 5th selection in Wireless mode or 6th in the latest) and connected to the 5GHz network I get ping drop to around 200 ms for 3-5 pings every ~65 seconds. This also happens on 2.4Ghz wifi if I am not in "g" mode.

So for your problem try to install drivers without using samsung update center. You can also try to uninstall drivers completely (device manager -> wifi -> drivers -> uninstall with the tick you can select after pressing uninstall), shut down, connect ethernet cable with internet connection, boot up and see what happens. You could also reboot instead of shutdown, connect ethernet and booting up - this way windows "should" find some drivers (people have said that Winodws 8 Microsoft drivers work the best... If you are Windows 8.1 user, then those drivers are not good any more...). After that if you really want the latest drivers you can try samsung update center or just download new drivers from intel directly.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
IKemp
Beginner

Seems Intel PROset program is making Samsung update fail with error "-10"... Found out the hint, tried it and it works.

0 Kudos