Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Intel Driver Update Utility issues

DWats2
Beginner

Hello all!

I'm trying to install the update "Intel HD Graphics Driver for Windows 10 64bit (3rd Gen & BYT)". My installed version is 10.18.10.4252, and the downloaded update is 15.33.38.64.4252. However, I've downloaded this update 3 times and installed it 3 times, but it will not actually update my driver. I've followed the instructions to the T, and restarted my computer each time the driver installed. Any help?

I'm having this issue because I've been trying to play Star Wars:Battlefront and it requires this driver update.

Thank you for your help,

Dave

Video card: Intel HD Graphics 4600

CPU i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz, processor speed 3592 MHz.

Direct X Version installed 12, supported 11.

Shader version 5

OpenGL Version 4.2

OpenCL Version 1.2

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ICust64
Novice

As far as I know, you have the same issue as I have. I think that you need the 4th gen driver from the intel support site. I think that the the update utility gives you the wrong driver. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen] try this one The program won't say that you have the correct driver, even if you install this one, but you can try playing Star Wars battlefront now. If this doesn't work, try going to device manager --> display adapters--> double click on your graphics adapter --> and update the graphics driver over there at the drivers tab.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi QuietRites,

I suggest you to download the latest version of the Intel® HD Graphics 4600: 4300

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25489/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-15-40-4th-Gen- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 [15.40][4th Gen]

Remember to run Windows® 10 update, the tool will check if there is any new driver missing.

Regards,

Mike C
0 Kudos