Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How to use CalibrationTool(-2.6.4.0) to do "Target-less Dynamic Calibration" for D435 realsense camera??

yliu48
Beginner

Dear Expert:

I buy a d435 realsense camera.I want to do "Target-less Dynamic Calibration" by CalibrationTool-2.6.4.0 tool.

But I can't use this calibration feature.I can only use "Target Dynamic Calibration".

Why?? How can I enable "Target-less Dynamic Calibration" by CalibrationTool-2.6.4.0??

Or have other methods???

Please help answer,Thank very much!!

ysliua

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello YsLiu,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D435 camera.

Dynamic Calibration Tool API supports these algorithms in two distinctive operating modes: targeted and target-less. The Dynamic Calibrator supports only targeted calibration. Targeted calibration is the recommended approach because it supports both rectification and depth scale calibrations and will give more accurate results than rectification only calibration done in target-less calibration.

You can find more details on how to perform this calibration on the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/RealSense_D400_Dyn_Calib_User_Guide.pdf Dynamic Calibration Guide, page number 12, 2.2.2 Target-less Dynamic Calibration (Rectification Calibration).

Please let me know if you have further questions!

Best regards,

Eliza

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello YsLiu,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel RealSense D435 camera.

Dynamic Calibration Tool API supports these algorithms in two distinctive operating modes: targeted and target-less. The Dynamic Calibrator supports only targeted calibration. Targeted calibration is the recommended approach because it supports both rectification and depth scale calibrations and will give more accurate results than rectification only calibration done in target-less calibration.

You can find more details on how to perform this calibration on the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/RealSense_D400_Dyn_Calib_User_Guide.pdf Dynamic Calibration Guide, page number 12, 2.2.2 Target-less Dynamic Calibration (Rectification Calibration).

Best regards,

Eliza
0 Kudos
yliu48
Beginner

Hi Eliza,

Thank for you answer.

I read the https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/RealSense_D400_Dyn_Calib_User_Guide.pdf Dynamic Calibration Guide, page number 12, 2.2.2 Target-less Dynamic Calibration doc.

So the Dynamic Calibrator tool is only targeted calibration,right ??

Because i want to see effect of target-less calibration for D435, So you can tell how to enable "Target -less" calibration???

What steps should I have?

Please tell me,Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello YsLiu,

The Target-Less Calibration can be performed only with Calibration API. Link to download https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27955/Intel-RealSense-D400-Series-Calibration-Tools-and-API here.

The instruction on how to perform the calibration can be found in this https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/emerging-technologies/intel-realsense-technology/RealSense_D400_Dyn_Calib_Programmer.pdf paper.

Please note that the Dynamic Calibration API mainly targets developers who want to write their own calibration tools.

Best regards,

Eliza
0 Kudos
yliu48
Beginner

Hi Eliza,

Thanks!

The following calling sequence illustrates a simplified flow for Linux based target-less calibration.

If i use windows_10 syste, How can I start?

I need to modify api code and re-build code??

B/R

Robert

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Robert,

On that paper, if you search by "Windows", you will find multiple instructions on how to build the samples. For example: To compile the sample app On Windows, open RS400DynamicCalibrationSample.sln and build the project in VisualStudio 2015. page number 16.

I hope this helps you!

Best regards,

Eliza
0 Kudos
yliu48
Beginner

Hi Eliza,

I have already open RS400DynamicCalibrationSample.sln by Visualstudio2015.

But I still don't understand, how to enable target-less calibration.Could you tell me clearly?

Thank very much!

B/R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Robert,

If you open RS400DynamicCalibrationSample.sln in Visual Studio you will have a list of codes that can be modified. The paper describes how to do it according to the calibration that you want to perform. Those are just sample codes, it is up to you to change them in case you want something different.

Best regards,

Eliza
0 Kudos
yliu48
Beginner

Hi Eliza,

Thanks for you answers.

Could you tell me that file is the program entry point...??

Thank very much!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi YsLiu,

That file is one of the samples codes, but I can see below the RS400DynamicCalibrationSample.sln file that you have to open. This project contains the codes you need to modify in order to do target-less calibration.

As Eliza already mentioned, the Dynamic Calibration API mainly targets developers who want to write their own calibration tools. If you want a simpler way, I recommend to do the targeted calibration.

Regards,

Alexandra
0 Kudos