Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1345 Discussions

Dual Boot drive with an Optane enabled secondary drive

ERoma2
Beginner

Hey,

I currently have a setup with Windows 10 on a SSD as my system drive and an Optane accelerated HDD for media (games, programmes, etc). I am planning to install Ubuntu on the SSD (don't need to be able to connect to the HDD). I presume this should work without any problems?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi eugerome,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

As you mentioned, this setup should theoretically work as the secondary drive would be the one paired with the Intel® Optane™ Memory and they two would be linked to the Windows* partition in your primary drive, which means the Ubuntu* partition would be invisible for them. However, I cannot tell you if this setup will indeed work as this configuration is not validated or tested. Actually, this is a not supported configuration and the results are unknown.

Having said this, you can still try it, but it's up to you as we don't recommend to set the Intel® Optane™ Memory in this environment.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos