Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20632 Discussions

FIFA 17 Startup Crash, Intel HD4600

CCrai1
Beginner

Hello,

I'm having trouble with FIFA 17 for PC. I have a Intel i7 processor and an Intel HD Graphics 4600 graphics card. I use Windows 8.1. I believe this meets the minimum requirements, and I have seen others play the game on a similar setup.

I still have the error of when I click "Play" from the launcher, it opens up (in windowed mode), stays black, and then goes away after only a few seconds. From everything that I have read about the problem, it has something to do with the graphics card. I have updated everything that I can and changed any setting I can think of, but I still cannot get it to work, is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for any help!

-Craig
0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Craig02,

Could you please let me know the driver version you are running? Please go to Device Manger> Display adapters> Intel(R) HD Graphics right click on Properties and then go to Driver, you will be able to see the version installed.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
CCrai1
Beginner

It is version,

-Craig

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Craig02,

I would like to let you know that we just released a new BETA driver that should fix the issue with the players missing heads. Since it introduces improvements to the code, we would like to check if it also fixes the crashing issue you reported.

This BETA driver can be downloaded from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26347/Intel-Beta-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40- Download Intel® Beta Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40]

Please give it a round of test and let us know your feedback.

Kindest Regards,

0 Kudos
CCrai1
Beginner

I tried to install the new driver, but it gave me an error message that said my computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

-Craig

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hi Craig02,

The error you are seeing is because some Original Computer Manufacturers (OEM) may add restrictions so you can only install drivers provided by them. One work around is to do a manual driver installation. Instructions are located here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005629.html How to Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 &...

Please take note that this is a BETA driver, and as such, it is not digitally signed. Windows* will remark this during the driver installation, but you can simply choose to continue with it. If you continue to have problems with the driver installation, I would suggest contacting us by chat to receive further assistance. For chat support click here: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support and then click on "Intel® Graphics".

I hope this information helps you.

0 Kudos
CCrai1
Beginner

I tried to do this and I got an error while it was installing.

It said that the driver did not support my version of Windows. I have Windows 8.1 though, I will try and go through the chat support, but if you know anything about that I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the help.

-Craig Swartz

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Craig02,

I have to apologize, I didn't see the fact that you mentioned since the beginning that your OS is Windows 8.1* and your processor uses Intel® HD Graphics 4600.

This is a 4th Generation graphics controller (formerly known as Haswell), and thus this BETA driver is only available for Windows 10* 64-bit.

BETA driver compatibility details can be found here:

Regards,

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Craigh,

I am following up your case, so I wanted to check if you need further assistance in regard to this matter.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello,

The 4th Generation Graphics driver for Windows 7* and Windows 8.1* that fixes the issue with Fifa 17* can be downloaded from here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26544/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-15-36-?product=80939 Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows 7*/8.1* [15.36]

Kindest Regards,

0 Kudos